• Register Today It's free!

1 very broke 2.9

CheapThrillEX

Reaction score
City, State
Middleville, MI (Gun Lake)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer Sport
so i had tried to blow my already wounded 2.9L a few weeks ago, and i was successful, heres some pics of the damage

as it looked when i pulled the pan

Picture044.jpg

Picture045.jpg

heres the connecting rod as i pulled it out of the windage tray (did not need to unbolt it, it was hangin loose)

Picture049.jpg

all that i did was remove the windage tray and rod, to take this pic

Picture051.jpg

heres some of the larger broken peices on the floor

Picture052.jpg

heres a shot after i pulled the piston out and the head off

Picture055.jpg

heres just a shot of the B2 with the motor removed, damn thing sat so high and my roof is low i need to remove the tires and drop it on the ground to clear the Rad. support with the engine

Picture056.jpg

Massive amounts of carngage. Talk about reckless abandoment. Now what, 4.0 5.0 how about a stroked 302 to slip in there.

eh got another 2.9L on the stand, got another mud pit this sunday to visit, the 2.9L i have on the stand was FREE

well oil pressure gets real low like 2-5 psi after like 20 minutes of runnin, and so a few weeks ago i went to a mud pit thing, and i was overheating it left and right (on purpose) from the mud gettin in the raditor, now i have a mechanical gauge that goes to 280 and i had it pegged past 280 for like 10 minutes in the pits, it was gettin so hot i couldn't get the rpms over 2000, i would drive out hose it down bring the temp down to around 180 and back out in the pit and do it all over again, when i could get the r's up i was pushing so many r's in low range first gear that the valves were floating left and right, it survived the day, but began knocking and sounding very bad

then i had it at home and was screwing around, power braking on a hill running the r's over 4000 in first and BOOM no more r's

Back