'11 Explorer Revealed!! | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

Well basically it comes down to us who want the truck frame go for a crew cab truck and throw a topper on it :p:
Whats next ford goes to being a honda like company....using belts and other crappy cheap stuff?

I will say this much...the interior (materials) from what I read is awesome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks again like a car, too nice for anything we'd use it for, but soccer practice do yea fine. I do like that the shifter is on the floor :D.

It looks again like a car, too nice for anything we'd use it for, but soccer practice do yea fine. I do like that the shifter is on the floor :D.

Agreed...wouldn't take the beating off-road that my 05 can. As soon as I can get a picture of my X next to a 2011 then it'll be embarassing for the explorer name. We had this same thing when the 02's came out. I was embarassed that ford could do what they did to the 02's but I bought an 05 :D

Basically like this embarrasment...its a jeep for cryin out loud! I thought a jeep was an off-road Jeep (can't be considered as an SUV)
2007-jeep-compass.jpg

Don't get me wrong I like the styling of the car and its probably fuel effiecient but come on??? Street CUV from jeep?!

You do know you can get ALL of the Jeeps in 4x4?

Yeah, whats a jeep without 4WD. That jeep compass doesn't appear to be trail-rated. IMO the compass is Jeep's way to get a fuel efficient Jeep Crossover on the market, 29mpg thats darn good :thumbsup: but its not worth anything off the road. :D

Does anyone know if Jeep as a company has to meet the government standard for average MPG or are they grouped together with Chrysler?

Does anyone know if Jeep as a company has to meet the government standard for average MPG or are they grouped together with Chrysler?

Jeeps will probably start going to 4cyl and 4cyl turbo charged. There is almost no way to get a jeep wrangler or some of those other models up in the high mpg.

When you have a box cruising on a highway you're not going to do great on fuel efficiency :D

And they are probably grouped with the parent company chrysler

Jeeps will probably start going to 4cyl and 4cyl turbo charged. There is almost no way to get a jeep wrangler or some of those other models up in the high mpg.

When you have a box cruising on a highway you're not going to do great on fuel efficiency :D

And they are probably grouped with the parent company chrysler

I don't know how much fuel efficeny is actually effected by areodynamics. They claim an increase of 30% fuel efficency with the new explorer, and it was redisgned to be more areodynamic, but I have a hard time crediting the increase with the marshmellow styling. I say this because from 2010 to 2011 the ford mustang had a fuel efficency jump of 30%. The car is the same shape and pretty much the same weight, the only change was the new 3.7 v6 and an updated transmission. Same engine and transmission into the explorer, increase of 30%, I bet it helps some but I think when you are dealing with something that is the size of an SUV areo dynamics are a mute point. I mean that is a generalized view but thats just how i am seeing the numbers.

I think the jeep has more of a aerodynamic problem than anyother car. Its got a 3.7 or 3.8 V6 so it should do fuel efficient. But I do agree I think its partially the powertrain that is causing jeep's gas mileage problem

Precisely on the engine giving the 30% increase and not aero. I wonder what advantages the sideways engine, supposing, affords the explorer.

Precisely on the engine giving the 30% increase and not aero. I wonder what advantages the sideways engine, supposing, affords the explorer.

well the side ways engine makes maintance more annoying and time consuming, it eats up your passenger area, it decreases the amount of fun that can be had in the car (no donuts in the snow), it basically seals the deal on this not being an suv, but a cuv (AKA a minivan without sliding doors)

Thats what moms want! a 4wd fuel efficient minivan! ITS CALLED AN SUV NOW :mad: Sad day where the SUV has become the minivan. My 05 explorer has the worst thing in it....3rd row seating!

Maybe they'll change its name to Taurus X and then make a real Explorer.:D

Maybe they'll change its name to Taurus X and then make a real Explorer.:D

Amen to that. We can hope and pray, or ford can make the legendary Bronco. With a nice beautiful frame underneath it and some capability to kick a jeep's ass in moab.

Thats what moms want! a 4wd fuel efficient minivan! ITS CALLED AN SUV NOW :mad: Sad day where the SUV has become the minivan. My 05 explorer has the worst thing in it....3rd row seating!

at least you could take those out if you really wanted to.... it would be almost impossible to make the new explorer right.

I may. But I just don't feel like building something to go in place of those seats. I'm sure you can take those 3rd rows of the new explorer you may have to get creative... :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That compass is a dodge caliber. Nothing more. I'm a little upset w/ ford..no real SUV's anymore. I'll always have my 98 but it looks like I'll pick up another xterra as my regular car..

Back