'11 Explorer Revealed!! | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

Amen to that. We can hope and pray, or ford can make the legendary Bronco. With a nice beautiful frame underneath it and some capability to kick a jeep's ass in moab.

Hopefully we can also get it in a truck package, with out all the 9 way power butt vibrators, a simple transfer case (not this crazy power take off system of hte explorer), a simple effective truck that we can actually afford to buy and enjoy.

you can take the third row out of the 2011 explorer but you are a long way away from making it right, you have to flip the engine around and put it on a ranger frame ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Though the Compass may be pathetic in some ways, at least there is aftermarket support for it. You can find Jeep Compass lifts and even real rock sliders - that's more than anyone can say for the Gen4 Explorer, let alone the 2011+ Explorer.

I don't like the way that looks. It looks like a crossover to me.

How many people in their RIGHT MIND are going to take 35-40 thousand dollar vehicle out and climb rocks, go into the mud and what not? That's why they make ATV's!

How many people in their RIGHT MIND are going to take 35-40 thousand dollar vehicle out and climb rocks, go into the mud and what not? That's why they make ATV's!

People do it all the time, look at the 4X4 magazines, people buy new trucks and jack them up and take'em out and wheel them, a lot of people rather be putting money into their vehicle than put into a 4wheeler that can't do what a vehicle can.

People do it all the time, look at the 4X4 magazines, people buy new trucks and jack them up and take'em out and wheel them, a lot of people rather be putting money into their vehicle than put into a 4wheeler that can't do what a vehicle can.

I'm from Colorado, the only thing I see people doing is jacking these Powerstrkes and Cummins and then they become parking lot Queens. Everyone has at least one or two ATVs, Razers or Artic Cats. The same goes for When I was in Virginia (NAVY). Except they would take them to the beach but, then thats not saying much. Even here in Nevada it's the same way! Personally, I'd rather take an old CJ or YJ over any explorer, ranger for it's off road capabilities and the parts are CHEAPER!

Even better, the Explorer's dated exterior will be replaced with a fresh new look.

Wow, only an idiot would say something so stupid.

And atv's are how much per person...$8k+ From what i've heard. Get 1-4 of those and wow the expense adds up...my x was originally $32500 (I did buy it used a 5 yrs old for $11k) and its out there playing in the mud :cool:

I'm from Colorado, the only thing I see people doing is jacking these Powerstrkes and Cummins and then they become parking lot Queens.... Even here in Nevada it's the same way! Personally, I'd rather take an old CJ or YJ over any explorer, ranger for it's off road capabilities and the parts are CHEAPER!

I do I have to agree with you. Those lifted trucks, 95% of those even with the mud tires never see ANY mud. I'd buy an explorer for off-roading comparing it to the Grand Cherokee (older models).
I would buy a wrangler over a ranger for off-roading, but you have to remember they have 2 different purposes. A wrangler is designed for off-roading which they mainly are some mom's street car, but some do hit the mud. The ranger and explorer were never truly designed to be an off-roading master. The ranger is mainly designed as a cheap, entry-level pick-up or a pick-up for a guy who just needs a small truck. They like any other truck can do some off-roading but nothing like a jeep wrangler, stock or, even with aftermarket parts, can do.

And atv's are how much per person...$8k+ From what i've heard. Get 1-4 of those and wow the expense adds up...my x was originally $32500 (I did buy it used a 5 yrs old for $11k) and its out there playing in the mud :cool:

Still you didn't take it out right off the lot NEW did you? Thought not! Atvs aren't that expensive used, just as you pointed on your used X. I can go FARTHER in the mountains on any ATV then ANY X can.

I just used $8k as a starting price. I put the $8k+ showing that usually thats the minimum price, but I do not own any ATVs or anything so I don't know any prices on the things. Yes an atv can go farther than any X, but an explorer does all the off-roading I need right now. I am going to purchase a YJ or TJ wrangler some day and those things can do way more than an atv in certain places, and those wrangler almost never die :D But currently I'll live with my X.

Yes those atvs have many (too many to list) advantages over any SUV including a jeep. They are light weight and not too much of a gas hog. But they have disadvantages too same with a wrangler.

ford_100317142_m.jpg

It reminds me of a montero :/
2006_Mitsubishi_Montero_ext_1.jpg

The ex looks better than the montero and acadia at least imo

To me it looks good as a family CUV and not a off-road CUV. Eh...can't beat automakers products, then may as well join em. :D But I'll buy a ranger first :D

:thumbdwn:

I want an SUV.
Then you'll have to buy a 06-10 model :thumbsup: Well....anymore there really isn't a 2011 SUV out there.

What is the world turning to? I guess my next vehicle will be a pickup truck again.

What is the world turning to? I guess my next vehicle will be a pickup truck again.

A technology tree hugger community. :p:

Same here...
I hope my next truck is a ranger and that ranger is either a....

FX4
08RANG_FX4PFrnt.jpg

Or...
One of these (if they ever make em in the U.S.)
new-ford-ranger_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love option #1, but not option #2.

Back