• Register Today It's free!

New '13 Xploder

RedDog1

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, The Republic of Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited
So, we picked up the new Xploder on Fri and dropped it off today (Tue) for warranty.
Sound system stopped playing from the flash drive (USB) and from the BT (iPhone). Worked one minute and didn't the next. The touch-screen and dash display thought it was playing but we could only get radio, Sirus and CD.
Hopefully a quick fix.

Other than this glitch we both love it.:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, we picked up the new Xploder on Fri and dropped it off today (Tue) for warranty.
Sound system stopped playing from the flash drive (USB) and from the BT (iPhone). Worked one minute and didn't the next. The touch-screen and dash display thought it was playing but we could only get radio, Sirus and CD.
Hopefully a quick fix.

Other than this glitch we both love it.:thumbsup:

it's a very quick fix... pull fuse 29 or disconnect battery. You could also download the delayed reboot app from http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html

This problem happens to me about once a month btw

Thanks 13S! I thought about cycling the power to see if it would reset but decided to take it to the dealer instead (I'm lazy).
If (when) it happens again I'll give that a try.

Hope they get you fixed. Next time (if there is one) you could also try:
- to cycle phone - reboot;
- delete phone from car and repair with Bluetooth code.

If it lists your usb drive as connected device, maybe there is option to delete it from list, then remove stick and reinstall. I have not used usb drive on mine so have no experience. Just guessing here.

Thanks Craig,
Just picked it up and all seems right. I tried shutting the phone off. I suspect the sound system has radio/CD player (like a traditional auto stereo) and the USB / BT connections are managed by some "external" piece of hardware and sends its input to the stereo via a hidden "aux" input and the two pieces of kit somehow get out of sync.
One of the symptoms was that we could hear the CD or radio (or Sirius) but the driver's display and touch screen thought the USB was playing (it showed the track and play time).
As "13S" suggests a power cycle might help. This makes some sense as that would reboot (reset) and let the pieces re-sync. All this is of course just a SWAG on my part. If (when) it happens again I'll try the power cycle route. I'd also bet there is a "magic" button sequence that would do the same thing - probably a closely guarded secret protected by blood oaths and the like.

The seat pre-sets were still loaded as were the radio presets so I'm guessing they did not disconnect the battery.

Back