171 174 lean banks codes still reading | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

171 174 lean banks codes still reading

yeah i see what your saying, but gasoline was found on 4 different cylinder spark plugs, 1 spark plug literally had to whip it around or flick it to get the gas out of the spark plug

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

under the hood in white stickers, it will say it will meet federal or california emissions because there is 2 different fuel injectors about $10difference each, how you know for certain which one to get, mine says it meets blah blah and california emissions, is it the other or ca;ifornia emissions?

i have driven it around and reset computer and light still came on, i disconnected once already hopeing the excess fuel would clean out from before with new coil but light still came on again.....$248 or 275 for 6 injectors gotta make sure i'm getting right injectors

fuel injectors

I seem to recall that the California injectors are a lower flow rate and hard to find. I believe the standard injectors are 19 lbs. There was a thread a while back about a member trying to find the 13 lbs I believe. Do you know if your vehicle was originally sold in Calif?

probably never seen nothing but salt no sand its entire life lol, i dont know where it came from except ford and the old lady i bought it from lol

similar sticker

under the hood in white stickers, it will say it will meet federal or california emissions because there is 2 different fuel injectors about $10difference each, how you know for certain which one to get, mine says it meets blah blah and california emissions, is it the other or ca;ifornia emissions?

I have a similar sticker on my vehicle that states for the year 2000 and my Sport was originally sold in Texas. I think you would be safe buying the 19 lb/hour injectors which is probably the only ones you will easily find.

because it states federal and california, because it has the word or name california, to go with california, usually most vehicles have one or other but for both to be listed should go with california

i never seen a vehicle before with both and alot of people told me to go with california injectors because it states both fed and cali., the truck is in NY lol

the california 1's R cheaper, around $10 each 1

What color are your injectors? And what is your fuel pressure while running?

The lower flow rate on my Explorer are white in color and the injectors on federal spec vehicles are orange I believe...

California emission spec vehicles run 13~14 lb/hr injectors...Federal run 19 lb/hr injectors and I also have seen red injectors used on federal emissions spec vehicles too..

And doesn't New York follow Calif emission specs as well?

I installed an electric fuel pressure gauge to monitor my fuel pressure thanks to the truck not pulling under hard acceleration...And getting lean error codes in the process...My problem turned out to be a tank and pump problem with rust and varnish...

If your fuel pressure is less than 65 psi, you have a fuel delivery problem...Do yourself a favor...Pull the fuel filter from the truck and take a plastic bottle and stick it on the input side of the fuel line and turn the key on and off and couple of times...See what the collected fuel looks like...If it is less than clear, the tank has issues...And see what the discharge side of the filter looks like too...Fuel on mine looks like rusty water... And it was not water...

Please let us know what you find....

my gas was clear during tests and on sparkplugs, constant pressure of 42

didnt take motor back apart to look at color of injectors yet.

most the time its only if the vehicle was originally sold new in california would it have to meet that laws.

You sure on the fuel pressure???

my gas was clear during tests and on sparkplugs, constant pressure of 42

didnt take motor back apart to look at color of injectors yet.

most the time its only if the vehicle was originally sold new in california would it have to meet that laws.

Your truck is a 99 right with the returnless fuel system? The fuel pressure is spec between 65-72 psi.....

And you should be able to see an injector body on the passenger side of the engine with a flashlight or in daylight...

Your truck is a 99 right with the returnless fuel system? The fuel pressure is spec between 65-72 psi.....

And you should be able to see an injector body on the passenger side of the engine with a flashlight or in daylight...

that dont sound like mine, if mine had that high of pressure (mine 42) it would be the fuel pump is my problem for excess gas getting through injector

my injectors are gray/white, which are california injectors, the orange are federal, i ordered the right ones to be here monday

had no time yet to install, should be this weekend hopefully

i started to get the lean codes recently. I am surprised no one mentioned a clogged catalytic converter

I personally feel its my gaskets. It happened before when we went thru a cold snap. I reset the computer and it stayed away for 8-9 months, then it started again recently so I am thinking gaskets

I ran seafoam thru gas tank. No change.

I am hoping mine isnt the cat, because thats expensive

thats why i had to change o2sensor because of all the extra gas, it drips out my tail pipe, so hopeing cats dont start to go, truck is running worse and gas mileage, its just dumping gas in there and even on take off it takes a second to kick in you know like when a engine gets too much air or gas it needs the higher rpms and even then it wanted to pop or wjatever at high rpms, cant wait to do these

is 30 p.s.ifuel pressure i good i have same problem two i said WTF i change upper intake gasket new o-rings all new three oxygen sensor full tune up new gas filter

thats why i had to change o2sensor because of all the extra gas, it drips out my tail pipe, so hopeing cats dont start to go, truck is running worse and gas mileage, its just dumping gas in there and even on take off it takes a second to kick in you know like when a engine gets too much air or gas it needs the higher rpms and even then it wanted to pop or wjatever at high rpms, cant wait to do these

Raw gasoline dripping out of you tailpipe? Are you sure this wasn't condensation? It is quite normal for condensation to drip from the tailpipe in cooler weather. I just don't see how that much fuel can make it through the entire exhaust system, especially the converters wich are supposed to burn off unburned fuel. If it has then your converters are probably history.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

p0171 p0174 401 egr clogged

is 30 p.s.i fuel pressure i good i have same problem two i said WTF i change upper intake gasket new o-rings all new three oxygen sensor full tune up new gas filter it is a 4.0 fuel injection Sohc v-6 with 5r55e i have red fuel injector and i put new egr valve with new egr valve gasket :salute:

Back