1994 explorer needs some help please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 explorer needs some help please

94xplod

Reaction score
City, State
Rainier,Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
i have just got my first explorer its a 1994, 4 door, 4.0L and i think the head gasket is blown it starts and all just that when i put some gas into it it blows a ig cload of white smoke out the thing is tho i think my aunt had overheated it and blew the head gasket and since i have never worked on something that has wires i have no clue where to start and since i am a student i am a little sort on the dow$$$

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

please help any and all advise is going to be accepted

Could be a head gasket or possibly a freeze out plug if it overheated. Does it leak any fluids?

Could be a head gasket or possibly a freeze out plug if it overheated. Does it leak any fluids?
i was told it was the head gasket but i have no idea how to work on it since i have only ever messed with carbed engines

Suggest you go out and buy a Haynes Explorer repair manual. It will walk you through how to do the work. They run about $18 at most parts stores.

Back