1994 Explorer w/ Solid Dana 30 PICS...... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 Explorer w/ Solid Dana 30 PICS......

1994 Explorer w/ Solid Dana 30

Okay, well after a month of planning and collecting parts I have finally started the solid axle conversion for my daily driver. I will list what I am using to gain the lift below. This is my daily driver and is used to promote a band that I work for. I was hired as Promotions Director for a band by the name Red Tape Poetry www.redtapepoetry.com . I still have my 1992 Explorer that is trailored to the trail.

1994 Four Door Explorer:
-Dana 30 from 94 Jeep Wrangler
-3.5" Lifted Leafs Front (Superlift) for Jeep
-3.0" Lifted Leafs Rear (Rough Country) Explorer
-Spring over front Dana 30
-Spring over rear Ford 8.8
-Rancho 9000 shocks front and back
-M.O.R.E Spring pads for Ford 8.8 & Dana 30
-37 x 12.50 x 15 Goodyear MTR's
-Custom Driveshafts
-Brakelines
-Fabricated suspension system and mounting system for solid axle conversion by Unique Concepts of Tx.
www.uniqueconceptsoftx.com
-4.88 Gears front and back

Much more to come. The rear is done and the front will almost be completed by today. I will have some pics shortly. Remember this is a daily and will not see the dirt so the Dana 30 will be fine w/ the 37's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Kris Guilbeaux
So when are we going to see pictures of the Truck with four wheels on the Ground? ;)

i think its all a hoax myself ;)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I think if wekeep bugging himhe'll post them! i know he has pics!

Originally posted by MO_GUY
i think its all a hoax myself ;)

Yep, he's just gonna real me in and when I have everything all torn apart, he's gonna say, "Just Kidding".;) ;) ;)

Oh come on guys, I wouldnt do that :rolleyes: I am waiting for my new springs to come in for the front. They should be here today or tomorrow.

Oh by the way its my b-day today May 28th. He He

I do have pics that I havent been able to put on a disc and upload to the web. I will wait until I get the new springs so you can see the real deal. I have been driving it for a couple weeks now (daily) and havent had one problem at all. This shop knows what they are doing.

Happy B-day! Glad to see everything going well. Did you ever consider a trac bar and/or sway bar?

With the leafs you do not need either one of these. I have no sway and no problems tracking.
I have had it on the highway doing 70-75 for an out of town trip and it did great.

I know you don't need either, just curious if the thought ever crossed your mind. I don't plan on either. Really happy to hear how well it's going.

so did you lose your camera or WTF??? we want some pics

He He. Well as I said earlier. My digital is all messed up, so we took the photos on a disposable camera. I just havent had the time (and keep forgetting) to take the camera in to be put on a disk. Also I really didnt want to put pics up until I get the new springs that showed up at my house on. :)

I was kinda hoping to see pics of the beast with 3.5" Wrangler springs so I could get a feel how it will sit. I'm thinking that's the way I'm going to go because I don't want as much lift as you are running, until I get 37s anyway.

I will go ahead and post them for you NOTAJP.

Originally posted by Trckmagik
I will go ahead and post them for you NOTAJP.

You da Man! My front end disassembly started today. Parts are in the mail...

Sweet. Which route did you decide to go with?

I'm going with the Dana 30 HP from a 94 Wrangler, Leaf Springs with spring over and reverse shackle. High steer with cross over steering from MORE. I'm still thinking about the shock mounts. I think about making a shock hoop but waiting until the X is on the ground before I figure what shocks and length to use. Any ideas that you have used would be awesome.

When you get a chance, can you take a picture of those rough country rear leafs? How is the ride from them?

Originally posted by NOTAJP
I'm going with the Dana 30 HP from a 94 Wrangler, Leaf Springs with spring over and reverse shackle. High steer with cross over steering from MORE. I'm still thinking about the shock mounts. I think about making a shock hoop but waiting until the X is on the ground before I figure what shocks and length to use. Any ideas that you have used would be awesome.

If you do that, you will have to change your name to "Mostly not a Jeep";)

Originally posted by Crankcase
If you do that, you will have to change your name to "Mostly not a Jeep";)

LOL:D
The Dana 30 was made by Dana/Spiecer, not even licenced to Jeep so it's still Not A Jeep, mostly...:rolleyes:

Did you die?

WOW!!!

I'll tell you all firsthand that the swap and the Xlpr look awesome. Although it is a little more difficult to get into these days! Brian just gets to busy to get it all said and done. We were going to put the new leafs on the front but ran into a problem.........we didn't have a socket that would would on the mounts. So, he is going to have to get some time to get to the store and buy the right socket. Then, and only then, can we get those leafs on.

OH yeah, almost forgot, it isn't easy jacking the vehicle up, we kinda have to GHETTO jack it up. We'll get a pick of that for the audience.

Will a high lift work?

Back