1994 Explorer w/ Solid Dana 30 PICS...... | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 Explorer w/ Solid Dana 30 PICS......

1994 Explorer w/ Solid Dana 30

Okay, well after a month of planning and collecting parts I have finally started the solid axle conversion for my daily driver. I will list what I am using to gain the lift below. This is my daily driver and is used to promote a band that I work for. I was hired as Promotions Director for a band by the name Red Tape Poetry www.redtapepoetry.com . I still have my 1992 Explorer that is trailored to the trail.

1994 Four Door Explorer:
-Dana 30 from 94 Jeep Wrangler
-3.5" Lifted Leafs Front (Superlift) for Jeep
-3.0" Lifted Leafs Rear (Rough Country) Explorer
-Spring over front Dana 30
-Spring over rear Ford 8.8
-Rancho 9000 shocks front and back
-M.O.R.E Spring pads for Ford 8.8 & Dana 30
-37 x 12.50 x 15 Goodyear MTR's
-Custom Driveshafts
-Brakelines
-Fabricated suspension system and mounting system for solid axle conversion by Unique Concepts of Tx.
www.uniqueconceptsoftx.com
-4.88 Gears front and back

Much more to come. The rear is done and the front will almost be completed by today. I will have some pics shortly. Remember this is a daily and will not see the dirt so the Dana 30 will be fine w/ the 37's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The high lift may work, but I am not climbing under the truck to remove the suspension w/ it on a high lift. I went and bought a jack made for lifted SUV's and it still doesnt come close. We have to take a 4x4 piece of wood and jack it up w/ that.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

And trust you me, that is still scary! You all would laugh at some of the things we come up with to use to get the jacks to work.

well take some pictures of all this stuff so we can see it. I like to laugh and be amazed.
Gary

Man I promise I will have pictures soon. I didnt want to take any until I had all the issues resolved. I just installed a " body lift on it also. Now I cant even get into it and I am 6'3"s
All oI have to do now is install the new heavy duty front leafs and I will get some pictures up.

Brian, Why are you going that tall?

This truck is just for looks. It gets driven maybe once a week when its nice out. It is a true street queen :) I have always wanted one of the largest explorers and I am getting pretty close.
Lets just say that the 37's are looking small now. I could easily run a 39.5 or 40". I have a trail truck that is my beater and I have my for looks explorer. Just something I always wanted. Lots more to come for sure though.

were the hell are the pictures !! :D

What are you going to have for a Daily Driver then? the Reason I asked was I figured your Explorer was still driven Daily.

We have Dina's Escape that we drive daily. We still drive the 1994 Explorer around. Its just huge so not driven everyday :)

Man I heard RTP at sixflags Over texas this summer i think...... ummm sry just had to say that

Yeah, I was there at Six Flags w/ them. How did you like the music? I am their Promotions Director. You ought to come to one of the local shows sometime. Drop me a line.

Originally posted by Trckmagik
Lets just say that the 37's are looking small now. I could easily run a 39.5 or 40". I have a trail truck that is my beater and I have my for looks explorer. Just something I always wanted.

I wished I could come up with the money to build up a 2-door because I would think 37"s or 40"s would be just the right size of tire for a off-road machine. At least that is what I have planned for one if I can ever get one. Tub the back end, tube the front, extend the front end to match the wheelbase of a 4 door and you would be set to go. I am finding out the "Purple" Explorer is just to small and I need a bigger axle in the front.

ttiwwp.gif

pics yet? just wonderin

wes

Here are some sneak peak pictures that Jeff (SVO) took while visiting. I am in the process of installing my custom steering (M.O.R.E) and doing some other mods.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

MINE! ;)

That looks awesome!!!

Keep the pics coming!!! :bounce:

Thanks very much.

Back