1994 Explorer w/ Solid Dana 30 PICS...... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 Explorer w/ Solid Dana 30 PICS......

1994 Explorer w/ Solid Dana 30

Okay, well after a month of planning and collecting parts I have finally started the solid axle conversion for my daily driver. I will list what I am using to gain the lift below. This is my daily driver and is used to promote a band that I work for. I was hired as Promotions Director for a band by the name Red Tape Poetry www.redtapepoetry.com . I still have my 1992 Explorer that is trailored to the trail.

1994 Four Door Explorer:
-Dana 30 from 94 Jeep Wrangler
-3.5" Lifted Leafs Front (Superlift) for Jeep
-3.0" Lifted Leafs Rear (Rough Country) Explorer
-Spring over front Dana 30
-Spring over rear Ford 8.8
-Rancho 9000 shocks front and back
-M.O.R.E Spring pads for Ford 8.8 & Dana 30
-37 x 12.50 x 15 Goodyear MTR's
-Custom Driveshafts
-Brakelines
-Fabricated suspension system and mounting system for solid axle conversion by Unique Concepts of Tx.
www.uniqueconceptsoftx.com
-4.88 Gears front and back

Much more to come. The rear is done and the front will almost be completed by today. I will have some pics shortly. Remember this is a daily and will not see the dirt so the Dana 30 will be fine w/ the 37's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds great! I'm anxious to some pictures. I also want to see some pictures of that Escape, i've been thinking about the 1" coil lift too for my wives Escape.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I took a bunch of pics of the trucks last night. The new baby needed much attention when I got home so I didnt get a chance to upload to explorer forum. I will get it done tonight after work for sure.
Jason.... I dont have the truck back yet. The leafs look great and the shop isnt worried about the weight of the vehicle at all on the jeep leafs.

***Be ready if you install the 1" lift coils on the escape. I could have had a body lift and suspension lift installed on a explorer in the amount of time it took me to install the four springs on the escape. The springs came w/ no directions..... SO it was all new to me. Looks great though..... Pics of them coming this evening (friday)

Give me a call

Brian, give me a shout when you are heading up to the shop. I would like to talk with them about my truck and see firsthand the work they are doing on yours.

Thanks Rob

Phone number is being PM'd to ya.

pics pics pics....

Is this the green Ex (with teh D30 and 37's)

Also I want your old TTB stuff.......

410 This is going on my daily driven explorer. Its the purple one. I sold the green one to Kris G.

Rob. I will call now.

Dont worry its going solid by the end of the year too...

Originally posted by Trckmagik
I sold the green one to Kris G.

I have pics of the front susp but the file was to large to upload and I dont have software on my comp to downsize it at all.

Update: The truck is on all fours and steering is done. I went up to the shop on friday to help w/ extended brake lines and shocks hoping it would be done, but the alignment wasnt done.

Its now monday the 12th of May. The truck will get aligned today and I will be picking it up today. Hopefully all goes well w/ the test drive.

You're killing me! I gotta see it. So do they still plan on offering a kit?

I do beleive that they are looking into product insurance so that they can sell it.

The rear end would be up to you (spring over or new springs)

The only thing that would be in the kit is the Front mounts and the rear spring mounts for the front end. You would then need to get everything welded on.

Originally posted by Trckmagik
I do beleive that they are looking into product insurance so that they can sell it.

The rear end would be up to you (spring over or new springs)

The only thing that would be in the kit is the Front mounts and the rear spring mounts for the front end. You would then need to get everything welded on.

Perfect. That's what I am looking for. What springs did you go with?

Right now I have 3.5" lifted leafs for a 1995 Wrangler on it w/ the spring over and 1" lift shackles.
I may have to replace the leafs w/ 4" lifted leafs from a Jeep Wagoneer. Depending on the sag that I get over time. I shall see this evening.

And the truck is finished. Here are some pics of the process over the past couple weeks. I will have some of the finished truck here shortly.

774brian_green_003.jpg

774brian_green_005.jpg

And the axle
774brian_green_010.jpg

774brian_green_011.jpg

And the 37x12.50x15 Tires and Rim shot

774brian_green_014.jpg
774brian_green_012.jpg

Looks good. Do you have a pic of it sitting on the ground on all four tires? It must look bad A** :)

I will have pics up soon. I took the finished photo's in my driveway w/ a disposable as my digital is broken. I will have them put the photo's on a cd so I can upload.

Thanks for the interest

Killer, another SAS!! Damn, they're coming fast and furious:D

PLEASE tell me I can order those spring hangers now! That's a must have until I have enough $$$ and brains to go with coil-over.

They are still looking into getting product insurance.

<-- is still drooling....:D

Thanks notajeep. If your drooling now wait until you see the new photos. Its on its 37's and in my driveway. Spent 2 hours cleaning it, and man does it shine.......

Back