• Register Today It's free!

1998 Explorer lift kit

PRND12

Reaction score
City, State
Lakewood/Long Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 4.0 SOHC XLT
so ive been looking for about a year now, and i cant seem to find any 2-3" lift kits. or explorers that already have lifts. i wanna see what it may look like because i might do a custom job. let me know post some pictures.

i have 31" x 10.5 Remington Wide Brutes, and 15" Mojave Teflon American racing rims

here it is...

snc18219od7.jpg

snc18943qc6.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome... and may i say i truly admire your tires and rims.. they look lovely on your xploder... but i aslo must inquire about when you intend on lifting it.. may i suggest.. tt shackles and possible a 3" BL to get you started....

ow much do tt shackles and a 3" body lift go for and where is a good place to order

TT is free, just need a wrench. Shackles can go for 12-70ish bucks depending on quality (AutoZone for cheap, 4WheelParts for nice), and about 150-200 for the BL, Summit Racing or just about any other online auto store (search for PA-853).

Hey, i like the way your explorer looks so far, but i admit, a little lift wouldn't hurt. ;)
BTW, i'm in Long Beach too, i think i've seen your truck before. Is it 2wd or 4wd/Awd?

Hey, i like the way your explorer looks so far, but i admit, a little lift wouldn't hurt. ;)
BTW, i'm in Long Beach too, i think i've seen your truck before. Is it 2wd or 4wd/Awd?

2wd, i wish it was 4wd.
thats crazy what part of long beach you from? i always notice anything with black rims, maybe ive seen yours? im not sure, but from the profile picture its lookin sick...

ow much do tt shackles and a 3" body lift go for and where is a good place to order

you can probably just have them made or make them yourself, i plan on making mine,
i took measurements and its all pretty basic.
at first im gonna make an adjustible shackle so i can see which height looks best.
let me know if you want the stock dimensions...

I agree, just go for shackles and TT. Do that before the body lift. IMO, body lift doesn't do much unless you are trying to stuff bigger tires under. As for looks, I don't think it helps that much because of how the frame "hangs down' when you do one.

After your TT, don't forget to get an alignment.

Edit: Love your username:D

I lifted it for you

Attachments

• snc18943qc6 copy.jpg
    snc18943qc6 copy.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 24,042

Well, figured I would lift the other view too.

Attachments

• 2 copy.jpg
    2 copy.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 33,832

Yeah that looks nice... thanks

i checked out your mountaineer, it looks real sick, your doing everything to it i want to do to my explorer.
im gonna lift mine pretty soon i got all the stuff at work ready to go, ill post some pictures when its done...

Thanks. I'm just going to school at CSULB, i'm not from long beach though. I'm lookin forward to seeing your truck all done.

Hey i want to buy these lifting blocks they would lift my explorer 4 inches , are lifting blocks any good?

Hey i want to buy these lifting blocks they would lift my explorer 4 inches , are lifting blocks any good?

Blocks will lower your explorer. Your leaf springs are under the axle.

Welcome to the site, but search around.

yeah blocks wont work on the explorer, but you can flip the axle which would give you 4-6 inches im not sure exactly how many, but you might need a kit.

Wow...

I like the look of your ride. Love the black rims. I was curious about your grill, is it a selfmade... I'm still driving a stock vehicle and getting through some tech issues, but after that it's time to get the X dressed-up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the look of your ride. Love the black rims. I was curious about your grill, is it a selfmade... I'm still driving a stock vehicle and getting through some tech issues, but after that it's time to get the X dressed-up

im having a hard time remembering but i believe its made by Grille master.

Back