• Register Today It's free!

1999 Explorer 4wd lights flashing

Andy70

Reaction score
City, State
GRAND ISLAND, Ne
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Have a 1999 4.0 v6 Eddie Bauer Edition. 4wd high and 4wd low lights have been flashing for about 8-9 months. Transfer case seems to work ok as did use 4wd once or twice in the snow this winter. Shifts into and out of 4wd low or high. Seems to work ok. I checked all fuses yesterday. Fuses are good. Read something about a $40-$50 speed sensor that is known to go out. Should I check or replace that speed sensor next? Where is it? Thanks Andy

There are three of them. One in each front hub, and one in the rear end. Is your ABS light on?

There are three of them. One in each front hub, and one in the rear end. Is your ABS light on?
I don't think ABS light is on. A light is illuminated showing a person with seat belt strapped across lap with a cirlce type thing in face. I assume airbag system related. That has been on for several years. Thanks for info

Thanks for help. Took it to a friend that has been in the used truck business for many years. He and his help fixed it. Was a loose vacuum line. SImple and cheap fix. Now onto the next thing. :)

Back