• Register Today It's free!

1st gen power window problem

John4me05

Reaction score
City, State
Covington Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
Ok no prob with power window itself but i need a part and no one i know can tell me which one. From the main driver door switch the wires run down to a small black box thats wired with the door light at the bottom. The copper strip inside has blown apart and i taped it back in place and the window will work for a while til the vibrations let it slide off and lose connection. Does anyone know what this box is called and where i can find it. I need the circuit board inside that has the receiving plug in it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

junk yard..i come to relize when owning and X that place is your friend...i went there and "borrorwed"one the other day bec i thought thats why my passange window stoped working before dark and i live in an apt complex it sucked

I think that is the auto-down relay

You are correct.

Like 69 said; go to the junkyard, its about the only place you will find one.

Isn't there a way to remove the relay and put a fuse in it's place? Just in case he can't find one.:D

Local yards dont have a first gen. Does anyone know what model years fit or have access to the piece i need. I have paypal.

Back