• Register Today It's free!

power window switch

bcbid

Reaction score
City, State
,MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Eddie Bauer (4X4)
Water got into the drivers door panel on the window switch (5 button). (I could hear a snapping sound) which wasn't good. I don't remember which button I pushed, it worked and within the hour the battery was dead!!!!! The door switch didn't have any burn marks and all the contacts worked. the 10 amp fuse to the door locks was not blown. A friend told me that G.M.'s have a circuit board for power windows in the door. Does Ford have the same? I have a 1993 Explorer Eddie Bauer. Thanks, Brian

yeah they kinda have a same box controler inside the window (drivers side door) the module controls the one touch feature for that window.mine in the past ( funny story btw) make a long story short ...worked on my windows one day (drivers door) had the door panle off and attached to the door panle was the control module,seeing how it would be easier to just lay it in the door cavity with out have to put it back on the bracket on the panle i just layed it in there and took care of business.2 weeks later all of a sudden my drivers door just goes down all by it's self randomlly ! found out the box i layed in there was now full of rain water and shorting out (thus the need to keep it on the bracket high and dry) ...dried it out reall good pluged it all back together but now my window worked properlly but the once touch down feature is gone .

if your door switches ( all five) got water on them and then your battery died...i would disconnect the battery till you got the door problem fixed.after undoing the battery i would next pop out the door panle switch panle.take off the connectors to the unit and then once it's all out and in your hands geta air compressor and see if you can blow out the water in the panle.if that does not work to well then just keep the panle unit inside a air conditioned house right near a floor register ( the cool dry air will evaporate any moisture left in there and also inside the switch's them selves (the contact points of the switch) .

btw......after my window was fixed and working for the most part 3 days ago i found out my auto down funtion is working again ! don't know why but "hey" i'll take it !! the only thing i can figure is the relay in there must have got corroded and after make the auto down funtion work it must have cleaned the relay in a way that it makes contact now....go figure:confused:

hope this helps out. . . . . . .

thanks for the info

Thanks for the information. I have the parts drying. And the batt is out. Thanks again. Brian

Back