2000 Explorer Milestone - 200,000 miles! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Explorer Milestone - 200,000 miles!

zembonez

Reaction score
City, State
Cibolo Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS
My trusty 2000 Explorer work sled has now rolled 200,000 miles! All I've done other than maintenance is a transmission at 145K because the old one started leaking fluid. Original alternator, water pump, starter, engine, radiator, etc. I still get 20.5 mpg per tank and the darn thing is still running strong and doesn't burn oil between changes or leave drips on my driveway (I'd hate that). Everything but the infernal rear gate wiper still works like new.

Not too bad huh?

I took a few pics where it happened. About 2 miles North of New Braunfels Texas on IH35. The pics are on the feeder road. I thought the old beast deserved a few pics!

explorer84.jpg

explorer74.jpg

explorer72.jpg

Thanks Ford!:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

congrats! and nice ride

:thumbsup:. welcome to the club. nice X by the way. i had to snap a pic of mine when it rolled over to. i was proud!!

200kmiles002.jpg

i still have long ways to go, just 149947 and counting

doing 60

:thumbsup:. welcome to the club. nice X by the way. i had to snap a pic of mine when it rolled over to. i was proud!!

200kmiles002.jpg

your doing 60 mph when you took that pic? nice

Congrats. That is one helluva clean truck for 200k. Keep it going! Always encouraging to see mileage like this for those of us who want to keep our trucks forever. :D

Congrats. That is one helluva clean truck for 200k.

Thats what I was thinkin! Youd guess that thing had maybe 50k on it.

Well congratulations man! :D

Thanks everybody.

I keep it clean and maintained. It's running like it had 50K on it. I hope to get at least another 50K out of it before anything major goes away!

I'm about to do round two of some suspension stuff, but nothing major. Shocks, a pair of ball joints. I think she deserves it.

Congrats. That is one helluva clean truck for 200k. Keep it going! Always encouraging to see mileage like this for those of us who want to keep our trucks forever. :D

Agreed! I know want to keep mine forever :D Of course since yours is an XLS you have the good ole dependable OHV.

The OHV 4.0 has surprised me. I still use no oil between 5000 mile oil/filter changes (I'm sure it HAS to be using some, but the stick still reads right at the full mark). Of course, it's not screaming powerhouse, but it sounds like a low mileage engine and has given no trouble at all. I spend a lot of time on the freeway (about 350 miles a day) and it just cruises along.

Congrats! Treat it to a good full service car wash - the kind where 20 guys hand wash everything!

Congrats! Treat it to a good full service car wash - the kind where 20 hot bikini girls hand wash everything!

fixed that for ya:p:

Very cool! I did the same thing when my Focus hit that mark.

8930_167392811920_551901920_3339434_6622549_n.jpg

I have to say that Ford really nailed it when they started making the 2nd Gen Ex! I see soooo may of those beasts with super high miles still running as faithful as day 1. My sisters has a Quarter of a Mil on the clock and even with it being a Wisconsin truck the rust is minimal and the truck still runs and drives as it did when she got it. Congrats on the big 200K! Nice lookin Rig! Do you gave a Diary page or anything? TOTM??

Mine has 196000 on it so I started to give it some tlc for its run at 250. NEW GAS SHOCKS ARE WORTH THE MONEY. There is a roll dampining shock on the rear diffirential it was 40 bucks from Summit racing( 2 week wait). I couldnt find it at the local store but I didnt want to change 4 of five shocks. This is kinda hill billy (along with my spelling)but i pulled up the carpet in the rear and cut holes to get to the top bolts on the rear shocks. I then rivited plates over the whole and sealled them to keep fuems out. I also used a saws all to cut the front shock studs to get them out.

UPDATE:

Rolled 208000 miles yesterday and still no drama. I'm loving it!

My '95 went 318k, got a tranny rebuild at 238K (I think) and little things, engine was as quiet as a mouse. Got rolled in the desert...

If you keep after it, no reason you shouldn't be sending us pics of it a 300000.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice!!! my 00' XLS has around 197k-198k miles..

Back