2000 V8 5.0 Exploder Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 V8 5.0 Exploder Limited

I want to make it faster. I want it to sound mean like the rouche mustangs.

What will I need?

Headers?

Mustang Cobra Cam?

Dual exhaust?

Chip?

Cobra Throttle body?

Where to get?

Also, my 95 Exploder 4.0L handles better than the 2000 limited.

I think I have the off road suspension in the 95. Do they have this available in the aftermarket?

Good place for cross drill rotors?

I shop ebay but don't find much.

:smoke:

I'd start with: intake, cam, rockers, headers, exhaust, chip. Then worry about the TB, MAF, injectors, fuel pump, after you're making more than 350 horses. You can click on the link in my signature for more information on what I did to mine.

As far as the suspension... both '95 and '00 had the exact same setups. So the difference is probably only the shocks.

Pretty much like everyone said: Intake, exhaust, headers (good luck) ,chip, cam rockers, maf, shift kit (doesnt add power but helps transfer it)

Then after the basics and you want more, get some better heads, Intake manifold, fuel system upgrades, nitrous, superchargers, custom made headers or bore and stroke increase.

ok there are couple things you need. the first is a full 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust with borla mufflers, then you need new headers. the biggest thing next is to buy a ART programed (SCT Tunner). the final most important things is a 347 this will alow you too make torque keep good gas milege and not have to worry about filling your bottle or blowing up the truck with a blower.

Back