2002 transmission PCM update available | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 transmission PCM update available

I have a 2002 XLT V6, which has this hard upshifting issue. I wonder if this PCM reprogramming/updating would apply to V6?

Jax02Ex -- is yours a V8 or V6?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know where to find a link to this TSB? Mine seems to be doing the same thing.

I never found it online. The service guy at the dealership pulled it up for me while I was there. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a copy of it - just the name.

I am bringing mine in to the dealership on Monday to do the Cruise Control sensor recall. I will ask them while im there and report back.

Thanks fo the advice on the PCM update. I had my PCM updated on Friday the 5th of Nov. The truck has never ran better. Saturday I added the 80mm throttle body. WOW!!!! what a rush. With the cold air intake and the over-sized thottle body, the truck is amazingly different. With 160,000 miles on the engine, you would think the engine new the way it is running.

Back