2003 Explorer blend door actuator. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer blend door actuator.

p.swiderski

Reaction score
City, State
Rogers, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
Jumped into my Explorer yesterday and didn't have any heat. AC works great but when I put the dial to heat it blows cold air. I don't have any clicking noises so I'm not sure if it's the Actuator or not. Any ideas? I've done some more diagnosis and the heater line going into the fire wall is hot but the one coming out is cold. I'm leaning toward the blend door actuator but I'm still not positive that is the problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same problem,A/C not real cold no heat the blend door seems like its closed all the time.Does not seem to be any variation in the temp.ANY IDEAS OUT THERE. Donsnoozer

I solved my heater problem. It was the vacume valve from the heater hose to the heater core. It looked like it was still working and moving when the A/C was on and off but is was stuck shut so no water was going to the core.

I have a 2003 Explorer and I have an issue where the door that is right behind the two main vents (below the radio) does not close when the defroster is selected. This keeps all the hot air from being directed to the defroster. I see lots of talk about fixing the blend door but I don't think that is what this door is called. Also, I don't know if the actuator for this door is on the left or right. I hope someone can help me. I need to know the door name so I can see if I can find help to fix it.

Thanks!!

Heater not working

I have a 99 Ford Explorer and the heater is not working. The AC works just fine. I was told that the vent is probably not opening and to look under the dash behind the radio. I also heard it could be the vacuum hose. Any ideas?

Dear thebraves, Look at this post. My 04 exp did same thing.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249624

I fixed mine by drilling a hole in the black plastic part that the silver arm attaches to. After drilling the hole, I just connected to silver arm to the plastic part with a zip tie. Works fine now. Access, repair work and viewing can be done by opening the glove box all the way. Shine a light up towards the top center of the dash. It should look like the photos in the link I provided.

Back