2003 xlt seat swap need help!!!

Nuksky

Reaction score
City, State
Washington dc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
Good afternoon everyone,

I am in the middle of doing an overhaul of my 2003 xlt and was fortunate to get some mercury mountaineer seats from the same generation as mine. The thing is when I went to connect them the wires are completely different. The current seats in my xlt are as follows:

Driver-power
Passenger- non power
similiar to one i found in a forum on here installing power seats in an xls

img1594g.jpg

img1603bm.jpg

The seats I want to install are Mercury Mountaineer: similiar to the photo below
images

images

Driver- power, heated
Passenger- power, heated

I will try to upload some of my photos, but if you can help me out or direct me to a thread that discusses this I would greatly appreciate it or any suggestions like using a connector like the one i found above. thanks for whatever you can provide

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

to the best of my knowlage the yellow connectors are for SRS systems like seat belt pretentioners.... You shouldn't mess with them...

When I did my seat swap, I just cut off the ford connectors And spliced the Connections. I can check to see which wires went where tomorrow

thanks for the tips so far..so dont touch the yellow lol..but theres nowhere for it to connect to..i thought this was just going to be a simple plug in..boi was i wrong..not to mention how much the seats costed lol..thanks styx and kazer

thanks for the tips so far..so dont touch the yellow lol..but theres nowhere for it to connect to..i thought this was just going to be a simple plug in..boi was i wrong..not to mention how much the seats costed lol..thanks styx and kazer

how much did you pay? i paid $400 for 3 rows of black leather + 4 leather door panels + 2 rear interior panels

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323552

when looking at the wiring, i realized that my friend re wired my driver seat motor while i was putting in the rest of the interior... so i'm not sure if i'll be much help

Passenger seat seat belt wiring
IMAG1249.jpg

IMAG1248.jpg

Driver seat wiring
IMAG1244.jpg

IMAG1243.jpg

IMAG1241.jpg

@ kazer..i lost track of how much overall..i havent been able to get all three rows as a set..i got two sets of tan (2nd row and third row) then i got a set from the mountaineer in grey two tone (driver, passenger, flip down second row seats), a cloth third row seat (it was in better condition than the tan) so... I decided to keep the tan third row and the grey two tone mountaineer seats and use leatherique to paint them all n mesh everything together but now Im having this wiring issue..im pretty sure ive spent like 500+ trying to get all of these which i intend to sell the extra once im done..but where did u get ur seats from and does anyone have suggestions to a good place if i cant get these to work :(

I still havent been able to find any info on installing these seats..I finally founde a matching set and I just have to purchase the matching third row seat (two tone grey and light grey) but I dont want to spend more money if I cant have the functionality..IDK if it is even possible to turn a power (factory power xlt driver seat) and non power seat (factory xlt passenger seat) into a heated/power mercury mountaineer seat:( If anybody has any suggestions as to where to find seats or how to go about this id appreciate it..I appreciate your help thus far btw

I can get you the wiring diagrams from my '02 shop manuals if you think that will help you out. Just let me know. :biggthump

Back