2004 Explorer Fog HID inquiry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Explorer Fog HID inquiry

Hello all. I recently purchased a plug and play HID kit where the instructions state to change the fuse to a 20amp fuse. So I changed fuse 16 and 44 from 15 amp to 20 amps.
Next is plugged the HID in and turned the fog light on for 20 minutes but no dice. HID not working.
So I re-connected the stock lights and they work. I am at a loss now on what to do.
Should I return them or did I do something wrong?

I do not recommend replacing a 15A fuse with a 20A fuse. If the wire is sized for 15A and you put in a 20A fuse you could have catastrophic results!

The last thing you you want is for your dash to start smoking and catch on fire while you are tooling down the interstate.

Improper wiring and electrical work can be disastrous!! Click here for an example.

Good luck and be sure to keep us posted.

The polarity may be reversed. When I put in my HIDs, I had to pull the pins on the plug and switch them.

Thanks guys.

I changed the fuses back to the original and tried a Harnes that has a relay in it but no luck.

Just saw 1Bad04 note and i will checking the voltage tonigh.

Well BAD you were right.......... I simply changed flipped the connection and ti worked... MotherFFFFFFF.........

well it works and now I know when i get tothe headlight if I run into the same issue just to reverse the connectors....

Back