2004 Explorer. Front door panel removal help is needed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Explorer. Front door panel removal help is needed.

ROB10ZA

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer limited
Hello,
I am new to this site and was hoping someone could direct me to where I could see an exploded view of an 04 Explorer front door panel. I need to replace my passenger side view mirror and I'm hoping for some advice so I can do it right the first time. Thanks for any help you might have for me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sideview mirror light mounting

Rhondo, you seem to know yu way around an Explorer pretty well. I need some advice. I am a fire department chaplain and cover a whole county. We have 8 stations with over 200 pros and some volunteers that fill in. I have some hideaway type LED strobes that come with a flange for surface type mount. I have to get inside the mirror housing to put the light globe through the mirror box and then mount the bezel on the outside. This is a 27 watt LED type strobe, made for emergency services. Blindingly bright when compared to the Chines junk on EBAY, and not that expensive. I have read threads on removing door panels but If I can not get into the mirror box without breaking stiff, I will back up and rethink. I am redoing my entire light array as well as electronics. I am building a console for the radios that will fit over the factory console. I have Kenwood trunking UHF and 850 digital fo coms as well as a couple of other goodies. When I finish, I will post pictures, including the Grover air horn mounted behind front grill. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any info.

Fr. Mac

Dominus vobiscum

Rhondo, you seem to know yu way around an Explorer pretty well. I need some advice. I am a fire department chaplain and cover a whole county. We have 8 stations with over 200 pros and some volunteers that fill in. I have some hideaway type LED strobes that come with a flange for surface type mount. I have to get inside the mirror housing to put the light globe through the mirror box and then mount the bezel on the outside. This is a 27 watt LED type strobe, made for emergency services. Blindingly bright when compared to the Chines junk on EBAY, and not that expensive. I have read threads on removing door panels but If I can not get into the mirror box without breaking stiff, I will back up and rethink. I am redoing my entire light array as well as electronics. I am building a console for the radios that will fit over the factory console. I have Kenwood trunking UHF and 850 digital fo coms as well as a couple of other goodies. When I finish, I will post pictures, including the Grover air horn mounted behind front grill. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any info.

Fr. Mac

Dominus vobiscum

Welcome aboard Father Mac!! :salute:

My write-up on installing signal mirrors should give you all the guidance you need: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293175

Good luck and be sure to let us know how you make out. :biggthump

Back