2005 Ford Explorer GrillCraft Install? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Ford Explorer GrillCraft Install?

Rexanator328

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
Hey guys! Not new to the forum, but new to posting! I have a 2005 Ford Expo and just bought an upper GrillCraft Mesh grill. Ill post a link of the installation guide. Even though there are photos to help you along, I'm just not trying to screw this one up due to the fact i'd have to buy another stock grill and such. So I guess my question is has anyone done this before or any tips you could spare by glancing at the installation PDF! Thanks fellow Explorers!

Here is the Installation Link with pretty pictures and all

http://www.grillcraft.com/installs/install_detail.aspx?install_id=159

Just take your time, dont rush it.

Picture 7 is important although not crucial. (ie I cut this tab off and it still mounts ok)

Plenty of sanding/grinding between pic 8 and pic 9. The more time you take, the better the end result.

And you can remount your ford badge afterwards too. Just get a couple of dome or wing nuts that are slightly too small and work a thread onto the nubs on the back of the badge. (a tap and die set would be handy but I didnt have one). Be careful as you can fatigue the nubs and snap/twist them off. Once you have a decent thread established, line up the emblem and mark the holes you are going to need to enlarge in the mesh for the badge nubs. Get a round file and work the holes large enough to fit the badge nubs. Mount the badge and mount the grille.

i did mine myself and to me it was pretty easy. i followed the pics and it was a breeze. i also had a dremel so i was able to cut and sand the middle of the oem grill out nice and smooth. but becareful not to cu t the top middle tab as described it the instructions.

Back