My first explorer mod | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My first explorer mod

Sorry this is a day late, my wireless went down last night, but I finished the first of those grilles.

Sa03g.jpg

kVgd5.jpg

hs3Cf.jpg

They are not fastened in, so that's why the pics look so terrible.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry this is a day late, my wireless went down last night, but I finished the first of those grilles.

They are not fastened in, so that's why the pics look so terrible.

So far your grille looks good.

I need to get some new fog lights. The lenses have too many rock chips. But until one of them cracks, I'm not going to do anything.

Hey guys im a little worried about that mesh grill I was talking and looking about. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GXT-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories It says that it ties in to the oem grill I was expecting spreader bolts or whatever you call the,.. You guys forsee it loosening up or rattling in the long term?

Good point...I would think if everything is properly installed it wouldn't, but I would think there would be something better than ties.

Yeah, I'm not liking that at all. I don't like the corners on the lower, either.

Im a real fan of the mesh though all other ones are too expensive but yea I read that and first think i thought was better ask the EF guys they know best. Anyone have some ebay looks to good deals on billet uppers+ lower combo or just upper. It seems all the mesh ones are too expensive.

Im a real fan of the mesh though all other ones are too expensive but yea I read that and first think i thought was better ask the EF guys they know best. Anyone have some ebay looks to good deals on billet uppers+ lower combo or just upper. It seems all the mesh ones are too expensive.

Well I got my billet combo for $60, but I bought mine seperately. I think the seller I bough mine from is the cheapest around.
Here's the same seller I bought mine from selling the combo for $40 + shipping. Trust me, it seems cheap, but the quality is good, and its just like all the others. Its UPS ground, but it does ship fairly quick, and the installation instructions suck, but like I said best deal around and how hard is a billet grille to install, its straight forward installation. :) The combo ends in 3 days, and the upper 5 days, and the lower has 2 days.
Here's the combo:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILL....m14%26_pgn%3D7%26hash%3Ditem35aafa29fc%22%7D
Here's the upper only:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILL...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Here's the lower only:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILL...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
To be honest if your going to buy a billet grille go for the combo

Ice have I ever told you I love you. Think I could take my Ford Badge off my grill at glue it or something to this new grill?

You're like the a special internet information finding expert haha. Except you don't have all that useless junk I don't care about. Thanks man I love the look of the ford badge but my grill is in need of being retired.

-I probably will the a ford logo on eventually, for some reason I have three ford logos from cars just laying around.
-But might as well refer someone looking for a billet grille... I think its one of the best deals around.
-Can't beat basically $25 for the upper and $15 for the lower grille. I haven't found anything cheaper...yet.

I think I might keep the stock grill I might test paining it black see how it looks. How big are those ford logos sitting around?

-The one is the best shape is Approx 5" wide and 2" tall. The other one I have I dont know why, but they aren't in too great shape.
-They do have black 02-05 ford explorer grilles. But if you are going to paint your grille, I've never done this, but I'd suggest using a primer so the paint will have something to grip to.
-And to be honest I got a OEM Explorer grille laying around...I got to figure out what to to with that.
There's the stock black grille.
8-02.explorer.ltupict.500.jpg

Here's one (stock grille) I ran into on ebay....it looks to be in good shape.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d281fea30

For some reason badges are so expensive I might try and pick one up off an old super duty see how a bigger badge would look on my truck.

I need A new bumper anyway since the wreck, but I don't like the fog inserts, I would much rather have an xls bumper like roadbully

I love the looks of my fogs I run them 24/7 different taste I guess right.

no, I mean I don't have fogs, my dad bought the cheap one, they have cheap plastic inserts instead, I would love it if I had fogs, but the left one would probably be broken.

Oh so you have the fog bumper with just the big plastic covers over where the fogs go?

yeah. They aren't that ugly, but to me when I see someone drive by with them it just says, "hey look at me I am cheap and didn't buy a model with foglights!" not that theres anything wrong with being cheap, I got about a $720 stereo system for only $300. and besides that and the exhaust, I have not paid for any of my other mods! I would just much rather have the foglights than the tacky inserts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's the finished product. The lower grille got a little dinged, because it fell off before I had it secured to the car. I think it looks pretty good.
4copycopy.jpg

Back