2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer Overheating? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer Overheating?

The housings are very easy to over tighten since they only call for something in the range of 89 in/lbs (about 8 ft/lbs) on the bolts so it is easy for anyone to have accidentally striped one without meaning to especially if they are using a 3/8 socket. Better to know that one/all of the bolts have been over tightened now than later on down the road when you lose all the coolant to the motor.

Ok so I went to the radiator shop today. I know the folks, checked all out, replaced coolant temp sensor. No over heat issue, till you turn on A/C. Infrared temp scanner shows 180 at the thermostat housing. Not building pressure on top hose. Turn off A/C temp falls back to normal. I think I read about a PCM reflash, update. I hope that helps, if any have had it done did it work?

Problem solved, after many hours diagnosing changing computer, thought it was electrical problem, the thermostat was the culprit. Goes to show the simplest things can cause the biggest issues.

Back