2006 Explorer | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer

not my pics...but your right if it was my pics i would have taken millions of pics. not sure where the person i got them from got them. but its got the new 07' sport trac headlights and grill. so im pretty sure thats what the new 06 explorer production will look like.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow, time to go to detroit, and raid the ford reseach and development building, hehe

so what do u alll think?? looks like a baby expodetion,, I like it,!!

Yeah its going to be nice, especially with the upgraded engine and you'll be able to make it look like the Sport Trac.

I heard it's getting power running boards, like the Navigator, plus a 292hp DOHC 4.6, kinda like the one in the Aviator, just with a little less power. Also, a six speed auto.

i read in one of the trades that it might be getting pushed back to 2007 ? Has anyone else heard of this latest development?

dtl 2k2 sport said:
i read in one of the trades that it might be getting pushed back to 2007 ? Has anyone else heard of this latest development?

Negative.

We are building the Pre-Production units now and reworking some of the plant tooling. We will be building them in September. Most everything is progressing very smoothly.

And by the way, Hello!

Stic-o said:
I read somewhere that the new explorer has had the front and rear suspension redone. What does this mean? Don't know? I don't see how it can get much worse then axle running through the frame though :rolleyes:

I have a buddy that works over at Edmunds....I'll see if I can some info about the new suspension. ;)

The rear suspension is trailing arm based. Still coil spring with an aluminum upper link. The front suspension looks to be the same. I believe that it is using steel instead of aluminum though.
The six-speed is a go. A launch engineer told me that they were really trying for 300 hp but it didn't look like they were going to make it. Evidently some bright-eyes engineer didn't allow for dual exhaust in the frame design. :rolleyes:

What about the power running boards?

greenbeer said:

why would anyone need power running board??
then again why would anyone neew say power seats ,,,

So you can say, "I have power running boards". :D

I say no to the power running broards also. Dont need that extra lbs. Dual exhaust would have been nice.

davidmmm69 said:
why would anyone need power running board??
then again why would anyone neew say power seats ,,,

They look a lot cleaner with power running boards. And I wouldn't mind having power seats in my "ex" they aren't really necessary, but they are nice to have, and while i'm at it they might as well be heated and cooled too.

greenbeer said:

I can't answer that for sure. I haven't heard any scuttlebut about it, but that doesn't mean alot. I also haven't seen any new tooling come in to allow for it. Again that doesn't mean anything though. Personally, I would like to see them. More options=more profit.

oldschool, are you an engineer for ford, or a design artist? If so, your my new best friend :D

Neither. I work in maintenance at the Louisville plant. I work quite a few weekends so I get to see and hear quite a bit about the new launches. The new truck looks really good. It is Expeditionesque. The interior looks like it was lifted straight out of the F150 and the six speed auto is a go.

hehe, your worker comp lady said yall have this week of from the louisville plant, lol. ive been calling that plant trying to find out the exact build date of my explorer, lol

so it will be a 2k6 modle then, released when this fall? or next spring! ?? getting alittle pumped about it!

Guess what I saw today???? A brand spankin' new supercharged 4.6L waiting to be taken out to the line for a prototype build on the SVT Sport Trac. The interesting thing is that has the pressure plate/clutch/flywheel. The motor has to be the exact Cobra motor. Same crank, rods, pistons, etc. I am going to assume that they will install the proper flexplate to allow for the auto trans.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

F the auto tranny. It needs a sticker

Back