2006 Ford Explorer XLT 5R55S Transmission Issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Ford Explorer XLT 5R55S Transmission Issue

bigguns

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLS
About a week ago one of my Transmission oil cooler line connectors broke at the radiator side. I had to replace the entire radiator because Ford doesn't service the connector by itself (because they redesigned it because the original had crappy plastic). I did the radiator replacement myself. The oil cooler lines are secure.

Now my transmission doesn't engage in first right away. I lose the transmission when stopping at a light or stop sign (not every time). When I rev the engine a little it will engage. I didn't have this issue before that connector broke.

I took it somewhere to get the tranny oil checked and he said the it had plenty inside of it. I also disconnected the battery this morning to see if the PCM would clear but that didn't help.

Can somewhere steer me in the right direction. I don't seem to be having any other issue with the transmission (although from first to second feels rough but it could be my imagination).

Thanks for any help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the right spec. fluid was used and is topped off correctly then you could have a servo that it out of spec. and you may need to put in a servo bore kit to get it working correct again.

The mechanic that check the fluid said the level was good and didn't add any. I thought it was a little weird because it look like I lost a lot of fluid in drive way when it initially broke. I guess ill check it myself.

Back