2007 Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Eddie Bauer

Here is my new to me 2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer

explorereb.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice explorer u got there mark

1 month update

My 1 month update. I will get mileage and mpg tomorrow. Right now, I'll just go over good and bad.

good
1. ) love the looks/color
2.) love the rims
3.) love the seats, 10 way power, very comfortable.
4.) very quiet compared to 2003 XLS
5.) really good ride, smooth and not just for an suv
6.) like the over all control layout and appearance. chrome trim i like, like the gear shift. radio is nice.

bad
1.) turn signal switch is too high
2.) i don't like the location of the gas gauge and temp gauge.
3.) I wish it had all 4 smaller gauges like the F150

overall on a scale of 1-10, 10 being perfect. I give it a 9.

Not my style but it does look like a very nice explorer ya got. what size motor it got?

It is the v6

Mileage update to go with previous comments.

Mileage when bought 10937.

my Miles to date 1366
gallons to date 76.90
total mpg 17.76

best tank 20.674 worst tank 15.166

no other work done so far

hey mark u planning on doing mods to ur eddie

well i got the roof rack cross bars, that is not much. Not too much money right now. Will use it to carry a canoe, maybe pull a pop up. I am a Construction Proj manager, so i drive a lot to jobs sites.

what kind of things do people do?

2 month update

my miles (I bought it with 10,037) 3626 miles
gallons 195.583
Overall MPG 18.54

My overall MPG has went up each tank since the 3rd. More hwy miles lately.

No problems. I really like it.

I installed the Roof Rack cross bars.

3 month update

Miles 5053
Gallons of gas used 274.12
Overall mpg = 18.43

Changed the oil at 4000 miles.
Added the roof crossrails.
No problems. Still love it!

Cool updates, mark- glad you love your Ex! As a question- how do you like the interior armrest mounted door release handles? My dad is considering one, and isn't sure he'd like those over the long run...

i have an 06 xlt basicaly identical to the 07, bought it used January 11th, the door handles were only weird for the first few days. :bsnicker: I get a kick out of them though when some one who has never been in my Ex tries to get out and can't find the door handle:D

Cool updates, mark- glad you love your Ex! As a question- how do you like the interior armrest mounted door release handles? My dad is considering one, and isn't sure he'd like those over the long run...

in the 2007 they added a little place to pull it shut without reaching down. I was used to it in less than a week. Sometimes a person in the back seat can't figure it out, but it's not a big deal.

1 year update.

Miles - 23,629
Gallons 1291.73
MPG 18.29

Best tank 21.34 mpg, worst tank 15.57 mpg.

Had the alternater and belt replaced a month ago under warranty. Still having duct rattling issues.

Overall , I still like the vehichle a lot. Beside rattle in duct to front passenger side when ideling in drive, the garage door opener thing overhead rattles a lot.

great looking x. Why did theyhave to replace the belt? So would you buy another one!??

The reason the belt was also replaced, they replaced the alternator and it was still squeaking, so they then replaced the belt and it has been ok since.

Yes i would buy another, but not until 2011. I keep mine for 4-5 years. Wonder what Ford will look like then, adn what my options will be.

Hi, I have exact truck even same color, I wonder if the cross bars you installed are black or silver and if answer is silver I would like to know the part # for those, the cost and the place to buy them, thanks
Jorge

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, I have exact truck even same color, I wonder if the cross bars you installed are black or silver and if answer is silver I would like to know the part # for those, the cost and the place to buy them, thanks
Jorge

Cross bars are black. I got it on Ford Accesory web site. I like how they look, and they can support a canoe.

Back