2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings

They are different, exactly what is different as far as the lens goes I don't know, but the lighting solution lamps are strobe ready and/or equipped. Maybe it's the strobes causing the problem.

Unless the PIU have a different housing than the retail models I don't understand why there is an issue. The retail models have the DRL on the LED low beams and here is Canada they are mandatory and are on all the time. When they don't function as the DRL at night, they are on at full power so it's hard to believe that they are affecting the internals of the headlamp.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just reprogrammed the second one and I couldn't get it to set the code. ???
Were you able to disable the DRLs? Did you do it direct or do you have cluster control of DRL? What settings did you change that worked?

Changed 726-16-02 to 0000 0000 0045.

Were you able to disable the DRLs? Did you do it direct or do you have cluster control of DRL? What settings did you change that worked?

Graves, you mentioned you were using IDS. Rather than processing a modified as-built, did you look for the "Ford" way of toggling that on and off?

Under "module programming", there should be an option through the menu tree to enable/disable the DRLs with all necessary changes to any modules involved by simply clicking the option and confirming. Pushing hex codes around to modify modules is for those of us who don't have easy access to IDS...

Of course I did. The DRL option in IDS programmable parameters was already disabled, the DRL’s in these vehicles has to be deeper than as built programming. The 726-16-02 address I changed basically changed DRL’s configurable by auto lamps (this vehicle doesn't have auto lamps) from in-op to disabled, which I believe created an argument in the programming that did disable the DRL’s. Without having access to engineering data from Ford it’s hard to tell exactly what the change I made did. I didn’t have a lot of time for post programming testing, other than to check for faults and road test to ensure that all other systems seem to be functioning as designed. I would like to see if the programmable parameters menu has changed, either in options or functionality.

Rather than processing a modified as-built, did you look for the "Ford" way of toggling that on and off?

Of course I did. The DRL option in IDS programmable parameters was already disabled, the DRL’s in these vehicles has to be deeper than as built programming. The 726-16-02 address I changed basically changed DRL’s configurable by auto lamps (this vehicle doesn't have auto lamps) from in-op to disabled, which I believe created an argument in the programming that did disable the DRL’s. Without having access to engineering data from Ford it’s hard to tell exactly what the change I made did. I didn’t have a lot of time for post programming testing, other than to check for faults and road test to ensure that all other systems seem to be functioning as designed. I would like to see if the programmable parameters menu has changed, either in options or functionality.
That sounds like what I was seeing - settings seemed to indicate DRLS were disabled but they were not. I was trying to set mine up for IPC control but was unable to find the right combination of changes to make that happen. I may just do the manual disable as long as it doesn't throw DTCs.

I was fortunate to have one 16 without DRL’s, so I just compared the as builts for differences and started there. It is interesting that the second one I reprogramed didn’t throw a code like the first, but then again one of my mechanics was fiddling with the left headlamp assy. trying to disable the DRL’s mechanically. Maybe he screwed something up in the process, won’t know until I get the second vehicle back from the dealer to see if I can get the code to set.

That sounds like what I was seeing - settings seemed to indicate DRLS were disabled but they were not. I was trying to set mine up for IPC control but was unable to find the right combination of changes to make that happen. I may just do the manual disable as long as it doesn't throw DTCs.

Ahh, okay.

With one is working as it's supposed to and the other three refusing to delete the DRLs, despite displaying they're deleted (which they probably were from the factory), and also throwing other errors, sounds to me like you might have a case for the BCMs being defective. That would assume there isn't some other defect in the vehicle such as a bad ground somewhere, or a problem with something a 3rd-party upfitter might have done.

I'm guessing it's a pretty big hassle to have to deal with the Engineering folks, how much would you lose if you restored the vehicles to their factory as-built settings, then took them to a dealership to repair under warranty when they can't get them working properly or to stop throwing errors? As long as they don't charge you hourly to fool with something that clearly is not functioning as it theoretically should, and may be outright defective, seems to me that they should be the ones banging their heads on the wall.

Bottom line, I highly doubt it's something you did through IDS causing the problem, I'd go with a Ford defect or upfitter-caused issue.

The problem is that the dealer is where I started in this process, they couldn't help. Our fleet is Ford heavy so justifying the cost of the IDS was a no brainier. The cops wanted the lights off, so I found a way to accommodate. Now they want the ability to completely black out the whole car, including tail/brake lights, guess I'll be familiarizing myself with the Whelen Cencom Sapphire system now.

Ahh, okay.

With one is working as it's supposed to and the other three refusing to delete the DRLs, despite displaying they're deleted (which they probably were from the factory), and also throwing other errors, sounds to me like you might have a case for the BCMs being defective. That would assume there isn't some other defect in the vehicle such as a bad ground somewhere, or a problem with something a 3rd-party upfitter might have done.

I'm guessing it's a pretty big hassle to have to deal with the Engineering folks, how much would you lose if you restored the vehicles to their factory as-built settings, then took them to a dealership to repair under warranty when they can't get them working properly or to stop throwing errors? As long as they don't charge you hourly to fool with something that clearly is not functioning as it theoretically should, and may be outright defective, seems to me that they should be the ones banging their heads on the wall.

Bottom line, I highly doubt it's something you did through IDS causing the problem, I'd go with a Ford defect or upfitter-caused issue.

Graves,

When I tackled the MFT mod back in 2016, I used the popular F150 site and a Fusion site for information to bring me up to speed on the mod itself and FORSCAN. I was looking back over the Fusion spreadsheet and it has a decent little chunk of info about DRL's. It sounds like you have yours disabled already but thought I'd share:

2GFusions - Ford As-Built Data Mods (DanMc85)

Also, check out pages 7-8 of this brochure:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/resource...ptor Utility New Product Updates 10-10-16.pdf

It shows with Dark Car / Silent Car enabled, you can turn off the DRL's. The other thread shows how to enable dark / silent car with Forscan.

While trying to find a way to enable the Fog Lamp Indicator on my dash, I've uncovered a whole host of interesting menu items to mess with. All of these are edits to the IPC (As Built Format). The standard Explorer is supposed to flip one address from a 0 to an 8 and that gives you the Fog Lamp Indicator. Not so with the PIU. Also, the standard Explorer, if you change 720-01-03 to something like C8F3, it's supposed to give you Remote Start. Again, not on the PIU.

So while I haven't found the Fog Lamp Indicator address, I've uncovered the following:

720-01-02:
xxxx xxxx x*zz
0-9 Unknown
A-B Tire Mobility Kit Setup Menu
C-F unknown

720-01-03:
First Block:

*x.. - Controls "Autolamp Delay" and "Auto High Beam" options in Convenience Menu
0, 4, 8, C - No Menu
1, 5, 9, D - Autolamp Delay
2, 6, A, E - Auto High Beam
3, 7, B, F - Auto High Beam, Autolamp Delay
(0-7 Remove "Traction Control" from Driver Assist Menu)

x*xx - Controls "Windows" option in Convenience Menu
0, 4, 8, C - No Menu
1, 5, 9, D - Remote Open
2, 6, A, E - Remote Close
3, 7, B, F - Remote Open, Remote Close
(F adds "Easy Entry/Exit to Convenience Menu)

xx*x - Controls "Locks" and "Power Liftgate" options in Convenience Menu
0 - No Menu
1 - Power Liftgate
2 through D cycle through various combinations of "Locks" options with and without "Power Liftgate"
E - "Locks" w/ Autolock, Autounlock, and Remote Unlock
F - "Locks" w/ Autolock, Autounlock, Remote Unlock, and "Power Liftgate"

x..* - Controls "Wipers" option in Convenience Menu
0-3 - No Menu
4-7 - Rain Sensing
8-B - Courtesy Wipe
C-F - Rain Sensing, Courtesy Wipe

Second block of 720-01-03

*x.. - Controls "Auto Engine Off" option in Convenience Menu
0-3 - No Menu
4-7 - Auto Engine Off
8-B - No Menu
C-F - No Menu
(5-8 adds "Collision Warning" menu)

x*xx - Unknown Properties
0-7 - Unknown
8-F - Invalid parameter, will not load

xx*x - Controls "Remote Start" option in Convenience Menu
0-7 - No Menu
8-B - Duration
C-D - Duration, Climate Control
E-F - Duration, Climate Control, Front Seats

x..* - Unknown

720-03-01 - Only the first block of 720-03 can be programmed. Any data elsewhere will be considered invalid and not program. Of the first block, only the first address bit can be changed. Here is what I have:

*x..
0-A Unknown
B - "Speed Limited to 95 mph" Warning
C - "Speed Limited to 105 mph" Warning
D - "Speed Limited to 115 mph" Warning
E - "Speed Limited to 125 mph" Warning
F - "Speed Limited to 135 mph" Warning

Note: I have not tested if the vehicle will actually be governed to those speeds while that option is programmed.

As I dig more into the IPC, I will add to this list.

For example, the address suggested to change to enable the Fog Lamp Indicator? On the PIU that address cycles through various error messages for proximity sensors that are not installed. I

Does anyone know how the tire size would work? I see it is 4 char's but what is used for the size?

Does anyone know how the tire size would work? I see it is 4 char's but what is used for the size?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Sorry, can't help with your question but I believe member jmr061 has done some work with tire sizes.

Peter

Anyone knows how to enable TPMS showing pressure on individual tire on 2013 PIU?

Yesterday I tried to change the "13. Enable Aux Without Sync & Sirius" and "15. Compass Display", but both lines gave me a warning about the checksum being incorrect. Forscan asked to "continue anyway?", so I chose NO. Do I go ahead and hit yes or do I need to change the values some other way?

Yesterday I tried to change the "13. Enable Aux Without Sync & Sirius" and "15. Compass Display", but both lines gave me a warning about the checksum being incorrect. Forscan asked to "continue anyway?", so I chose NO. Do I go ahead and hit yes or do I need to change the values some other way?

Hit continue anyway. It will correct it in the process.

Anyone knows how to enable TPMS showing pressure on individual tire on 2013 PIU?
Hello everyone in this thread I have been looking for this same answer, I was curious if I can see my individual psi for each tire. More surprised it doesn't come stock even for the PUI its kind of an important detail for people who drive on shoulders covered in nails

I just picked up a 2014 PIU.
I managed to change a couple of settings using forscan, disabled dark mode etc.
Was trying to compare the settings with your spreadsheet and have a question,
The bit marked with a star would be the bit to change to enable options, correct?

Is there a way to add the option to enable/disable settings from the menu?

AWD gauge is enabled but the display does not show what wheel is being powered. Would there be more then one module location to look at?

I would like to enable aux. Input on the stereo as well.

Tnx
Mjc

Updated 01/10/18
I want to put together a master list of all the Forscan Settings that apply to the 2011-2015 Police Utility Model years in one thread. I know we can use the search box but thought this would be easier. As this thread continues I will edit this first thread with any changes and updates that we find. The information used to compile this list comes from the site FORScan 2011-2018 Explorers thanks to Livinitup. I have also added an explanation of the functions.

APIM * Accessory Protocol Interface Module* 7D0
FCIM * Front Controls Interface Module *75A
ABS * Antilock Brake System* 76D
RCM * Restraint Control Module * 737
PSCM * Power Steering Control Modulal*730
ACM * Audio Control Modulal *727
BdyCM *Body Control Module *726
SCCM * Steering Column Control Modular *724
IPC * Instrument Panel Control Module *720
HVAC * Heating Ventilattion Air Conitioning* 733
GPSM *Global Positioning Module *701

2011-2015 Police Utility Settings / Module Address Settings / Notes
1. Police Rear Door Configuration - This setting causes the rear doors to ???????
BCM 726-08-01 xx*x zz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled
2. Dark Mode - This setting allows the doors to open without turning on the interior lights.
BCM 726-08-01 x..* zz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled
3. Police Liftgate Unlock - This setting causes ?????
BCM 726-08-01 *x.. zz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled, functionality untested
4. Police Rear Door - This setting causes ?????
BCM 726-08-01 xx*x zz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled, functionality untested
5. Courtesy Lamp Dimming - This setting causes the interior lights to fade off.
BCM 726-08-01 x*xx zz 1=Immediate, 2=Theater Dimming
6. Unlock Feedback - This setting causes ?????
BCM 726-17-01 x*xx zz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled
7. Enable Keyless Entry - This setting for using the key fob.
BCM 726-18-01 100 5 zz
7(A). Enable Keyless Entry - This setting for using the key fob.
IPC 720-01-03 808A 000B5 or 00035
8. Locking Light Feedback - This setting causes ?????
BCM 726-15-01 x..* zz 0=Disabled (PIU Default), 1=Enabled (Explorer Default)
9. Remote Start Enable Configuration This setting causes the use with remote key fob.
BCM 726-19-01 **** zz 0148=Enabled, 0047=Disabled
10. Instrument Panel Cluster Options - This setting causes ?????
IPC 720-01-03 **** C8 F3=Enabled, F823=Enabled w/climate seats, FC27=Enabled w/climate seats & Heated Steering Wheel
11. Liftgate Smart Unlock - This setting causes ?????
BCM 726-16-01 x..* zz 0=Disabled (Default PIU), 1=Enabled (Default Explorer)
12. Perimeter Car Alarm (Disabled on PIUs) - This setting causes ?????
BCM 726-20-01 xxxx x*xx zz 0=Disabled (Default PIU), 1=Enabled (Default Explorer)
13. Enable Aux Without Sync & Sirius This setting enables the Aux input to be used.
FCDIM 7A5-01-01 2021 1000 00zz Sirius also requires an ACM w/Sirius radio and a Sirius antenna
14. AWD Gauge & Average Speed/RPM - This setting causes ?????
IPC 720-01-02 *x.. xxxx xxzz 8=Disabled, B=Enabled
15. Compass Display This setting causes the compass display next to the dash odometer.
IPC 720-01-02 xxxx xx*x xxzz 0=Disabled, 6/F=Enabled
2011-2015 Model Year Common Settings
1. Keyfob Car Finder Setting - This setting causes the horn to hook when unlock key fob 2X.
BCM 726-15-01 xxxx x*xx zz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled (Default)
2. Concurrent High Beam/Fogs - This setting causes the high beams and fogs to light together.
BCM 726-11-01 x..* xxxx xxzz 1=Disabled (Default), 2=Enabled .
3. Golbal Open/Close (Needs additional wiring) - This setting causes both front windows to lower or raise from remote key fob.
BCM 726-04-01 xxxx x*x* 0=Disabled, 1=Remote, r
4. Tire Size - This setting causes the calibrate the speedometer for different tire sizes.
BCM 726-45-01 xxxx **** xxzz
5. Number of Turn Signal Flashes - This setting changes the number of monetary flashes.
SCCM 724-01-01 xxxx x*xx zz 0-3=1 Flash, 4-5=2 Flashes, 6-7=3 Flashes, 8,9=4 Flashes, A,B=5 Flashes, C,D=6 Flashes, E,F=7 Flashes Airborne_Ape's Find

Is there an option to display the digital Speedometer in the middle screen, under the Trips display I think? My first '13 PIU has a digital speedometer in the center screen as one of the default displays, but I just purchased another '13 PIU and that is not an option at all in any of the menus.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there an option to display the digital Speedometer in the middle screen, under the Trips display I think? My first '13 PIU has a digital speedometer in the center screen as one of the default displays, but I just purchased another '13 PIU and that is not an option at all in any of the menus.

I have this question as well. I'd REALLY like the speedometer. The 'info' menu is pretty sparse for options

Working on getting IDS but only have Forscan at the moment. If it even possible with IDS?

Back