2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings

Hey all, reviving this thread a bit to ask:

Has anybody confirmed about enabling AUX input? I've got the wiring correct for my newly installed aux port, but I want to be sure before mucking about with the codes just in case.

Anybody able to also confirm the AWD wheel power gauge? Again, don't wanna mess with things unless someone can confirm that what they did worked.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Edit: just to add, I have the 2013 PIU with no SYNC - just the base model with the most basic 6 speaker radio.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On my 14 PIU I turned on the AWD power gauge and Aux input. For the Aux input I wired in a Bluetooth adapter so my phone pairs automatically when the radio is powered on (one way- audio into radio only)

On my 14 PIU I turned on the AWD power gauge and Aux input. For the Aux input I wired in a Bluetooth adapter so my phone pairs automatically when the radio is powered on (one way- audio into radio only)

Can you provide some more detail about what you purchased for the Bluetooth pairing and how you worked the Aux? I'm looking for pretty much the exact same setup though mine is a 13 PIU so I know I have limitations.

On a different note - been playing with ForScan a bit the last few days and was able to set everything I wanted even including power locks, remote start, compass and what's not but I am still puzzled by how I can get all the power windows to work properly and how to properly disable dark mode (even though I did disable it my interior lights still won't work) - seems I can't find where I should go to enable the power windows to work (all work ok from the driver door but individual switches don't work.

I was able to reset crash warnings from the SRS module (passenger seat occupant sensor wasn't connecting) and so all the codes have been erased and there are no warning lights illuminated anymore. Power windows and dark mode are the only two things that keep bothering me though.

Possibly stupid, but have you checked fuse 4 and 12 (interior fuse box) or the relay? Do the dome lights turn on manually?

Lights don't work even manually - fuse box was next on my list. Will let you know how it goes.

Window switches. Again, might sound stupid, but is the window lockout button pushed on the driver window switch area? I mean, that button is designed to do exactly what is happening. Or possibly a bad drivers panel. I don't know specifically about the Explorer (was a Crown Vic guy in my former life) but typically if the drivers panel goes wonky, the windows don't work. Meaning needs replacing. Or the lockout button is stuck or physically disabled? Was it a patrol? Not an expert on these vehicles...Yet

On a different note - been playing with ForScan a bit the last few days and was able to set everything I wanted even including power locks, remote start, compass and what's not but I am still puzzled by how I can get all the power windows to work properly and how to properly disable dark mode (even though I did disable it my interior lights still won't work) - seems I can't find where I should go to enable the power windows to work (all work ok from the driver door but individual switches don't work.

I was able to reset crash warnings from the SRS module (passenger seat occupant sensor wasn't connecting) and so all the codes have been erased and there are no warning lights illuminated anymore. Power windows and dark mode are the only two things that keep bothering me though.
Being that it is/was a police vehicle, it would make sense that only the driver can control the windows. Have you checked to see if the wiring to the window motors themselves has been disconnected?

Peter

Power windows work but only when operating from the driver's door - switches on individual doors don't work.

Overhead lights don't work either - fuse box checked - fuse ok.

Power windows work but only when operating from the driver's door - switches on individual doors don't work.

Overhead lights don't work either - fuse box checked - fuse ok.
Individual switches may have been disabled. To find out you will likely have to remove the door panel.

Peter

negative - I did take all the door panels off, all the wires connected

Another question, anybody get the surveillance mode to work on a PIU? I don't have a rear camera but I do have the backup sensors so it'd be neat to have that surveillance mode feature.

Can you please share what you changed to enable Remote Start? I have almost every other setting I want enabled through Forscan and really just want RS working.

For context, I previously enabled RKE and have a 5 button fob that should work (RKE works with the fob).
Later, I kept playing around with Forscan and now have RS popping up in the Convenience cluster and showing that it is enabled.
I have a hood switch installed but when I click the lock (twice even to hear the horn) and x2 twice, nothing happens.
I'm pretty sure I have the options enabled in both IPC and BCM, but could you please let me know you ASBUILT settings?
(I have edited 720-01-03 , 726-18-01 , and 726-19-01 ). I can provide screenshot or my values if needed.

I was not able to get my Remote Start working. I did install hood switch, enabled RS in both, IPC and BCM but it will still not work - I do not touch ASBUILT - I work with everything in set-up where you select what you want to do... I'll get some screen shots later on. Just busy - don't really have time to play with it.

Can you please share what you changed to enable Remote Start? I have almost every other setting I want enabled through Forscan and really just want RS working.

For context, I previously enabled RKE and have a 5 button fob that should work (RKE works with the fob).
Later, I kept playing around with Forscan and now have RS popping up in the Convenience cluster and showing that it is enabled.
I have a hood switch installed but when I click the lock (twice even to hear the horn) and x2 twice, nothing happens.
I'm pretty sure I have the options enabled in both IPC and BCM, but could you please let me know you ASBUILT settings?
(I have edited 720-01-03 , 726-18-01 , and 726-19-01 ). I can provide screenshot or my values if needed.
I installed the hood switch and then changed the following: BCM 726-19-01 **** zz 0148=Enabled, 0047=Disabled (changed mine from 0047 to 0148 and it just worked right off the bat). I don't see any settings in the instrument cluster whatsoever though, how'd you get those to show up? What settings are even there?

Or you can install Parrot Bluetooth Car System. I did that in my 2013 PIU - my 2014 came with Sync.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi guys. How do i go about doing this forscan deal?

Back