2012 Explorer Starting Problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Explorer Starting Problems

ajaaac

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer XLT
I have a 2012 Explorer. Last week I had to jump start the car few days in a row. I thought it was because of the cold weather. I took it to the dealership and they replaced the battery (New Battery), because they said it failed the load test. Just after 7 days car is not starting again, I have to jump start the car.

The light and the accessories seems to be off after locking the car. Could there be something else wrong with the car since the battery was just replaced? I am planning to take it to the dealer again.

Thanks for your help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2012 Explorer. Last week I had to jump start the car few days in a row. I thought it was because of the cold weather. I took it to the dealership and they replaced the battery (New Battery), because they said it failed the load test. Just after 7 days car is not starting again, I have to jump start the car.

The light and the accessories seems to be off after locking the car. Could there be something else wrong with the car since the battery was just replaced? I am planning to take it to the dealer again.

Thanks for your help!
Welcome to the Forum ajaaac.:wavey:
What happens now if you turn on the headlights? Are they bright? Since you haven't added the model to your profile I don't know which one you have. If you have keyless entry, can you lock/unlock the door?
I have a Limited and I find that if I don't drive it enough and long enough, I get the low battery indication, Power Saver OFF message on the MFT as soon as I turn off the ignition.
Your best bet is to take it back like you said and let them check it out further.

Peter

I have 2012 Ford Explorer XLT. I do not have the push start. I could not unlock the vehicle using my remote. I could not even unlock the doors manually (the lock would not come up if I pull it). I did not notice the headlight brightness after the jump start. I did not get any message on the MFT after the jump start.

I have 2012 Ford Explorer XLT. I do not have the push start. I could not unlock the vehicle using my remote. I could not even unlock the doors manually (the lock would not come up if I pull it). I did not notice the headlight brightness after the jump start. I did not get any message on the MFT after the jump start.
I was curious as to the headlight brightness before the jump start. If they were bright then it would indicate that there may be another issue involved in not be able to start the vehicle. Not sure if you have the securi-code panel on the driver's door or not but it seems strange that you could not unlock the doors manually. Hopefully the dealer will be able to find the problem. A battery shouldn't die after a week. Good luck.

Peter

... I am planning to take it to the dealer again...

Sounds like a good idea, ajaaac; be sure to let us know what you hear. Additionally, I can assist by getting your regional customer service manager involved. To get things moving, just send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Back