2012 Rearview Camera from 2015 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reaction score
City, State
Delaware, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012, Explorer Limited
longtime lurker, first time poster

Has anyone tried putting EB5Z-19G490-A in a 2011 or 2012? I put one in from a smashed 2015. It’s missing the enhanced park aid visuals. The Colored blocks.

I’ve read tons of threads both here and on the forscan forum and I believe I have a unique situation.

in lieu of spending 350$ on a reaplacemt backup cam, I spent 80$ on the EXPLORER trim out of a smashed 2015.

The camera works properly, calibrate 100% with forscan. The directional guidelines and active park assist shadows all work. Heck, even park assist works.

The “enhanced park aids” visuals do no show up on the backup screen. All settings are correct.

original part# BB5Z-19G490-A

replacement# EB5Z-19G490-A

any ideas? I’ve tried modifying AS BUILT data from a 2015 but to no avail

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum James. :wave:
This site shows it isn't compatible with 2011 and 2012 Explorers. 2011-2015 Ford Rear Camera EB5Z-19G490-A | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
The 2012 does not have "Enhanced Park Aids". It has the "Visual Parking Aid Alert" which is similar. Does the 'Zoom' function work? If the camera has been programmed to the vehicle I don't know why the coloured sections don't show up unless there was an issue with the camera before you bought it.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum James. :wave:
This site shows it isn't compatible with 2011 and 2012 Explorers. 2011-2015 Ford Rear Camera EB5Z-19G490-A | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
The 2012 does not have "Enhanced Park Aids". It has the "Visual Parking Aid Alert" which is similar. Does the 'Zoom' function work? If the camera has been programmed to the vehicle I don't know why the coloured sections don't show up unless there was an issue with the camera before you bought it.

Peter

first of all, THANK YOU.

This is the first feedback I’ve gotten from anyone.

on the sync 2 settings, it’s called “enhanced park aids”. The colored blocks used to come up. Now that l find that EB5Z isnt compatible, I’ll try to find another part. Get a load of this, the active park assist still works. No fault codes either.

Active Park Assist doesn't use the camera itself in parking. It uses the sensors and steering angle which are still working, just not displaying correctly.

first of all, THANK YOU.

This is the first feedback I’ve gotten from anyone.

on the sync 2 settings, it’s called “enhanced park aids”. The colored blocks used to come up. Now that l find that EB5Z isnt compatible, I’ll try to find another part. Get a load of this, the active park assist still works. No fault codes either.
I was just using the term that was in the Owner's Manual. "Enhanced" doesn't show up until later models. In any case, it provides the same function.
I don't know if the absence of the coloured blocks is a deal breaker. Doesn't the audible alarm become more rapid if the vehicle is approaching something anyway? As far as compatibility goes, I don't know why one would different than the other. It is just listed that way.

Peter

I was just using the term that was in the Owner's Manual. "Enhanced" doesn't show up until later models. In any case, it provides the same function.
I don't know if the absence of the coloured blocks is a deal breaker. Doesn't the audible alarm become more rapid if the vehicle is approaching something anyway? As far as compatibility goes, I don't know why one would different than the other. It is just listed that way.

Peter

yes the audible alarm works as it should.

I struggle, because thanks to this site, it doesn’t DRIVE like a 2012. The vehicle is fantastic. I can probably sell the current one and buy a replacement.

Back