Rearview Camera Problems | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So it won’t display a image until it’s Programmed?
I can't say for sure but it does need to be programmed to your vehicle. That has been posted many times.

Peter

I can't say for sure but it does need to be programmed to your vehicle. That has been posted many times.

Peter
Ok I’ll use forscan and see how it goes and thank you!

Ok I’ll use forscan and see how it goes and thank you!
Ok so the camera still didn’t work after trying to program it. So I took it back to the dealership got a new one plugged it in and it worked no programming needed! All lines that where there before are there now!🤙🏽

Peter

Hi guys, anybody knows what is the replacement/updated part no. for bb5t-19g490-ae? thanks much

Hope all is well. I am having issues with my rearview camera on my 2014 Ford Explorer Sport. While backing up, it will sometimes show behind my vehicle and then go blank or not come on at all. It's been flashed twice. The camera will work intermittently. Would pulling the fuse associated with that assist with this issue?

Hope all is well. I am having issues with my rearview camera on my 2014 Ford Explorer Sport. While backing up, it will sometimes show behind my vehicle and then go blank or not come on at all. It's been flashed twice. The camera will work intermittently. Would pulling the fuse associated with that assist with this issue?
Pull the camera and check for corrosion at the camera connector and clean it if there is and test it. Otherwise time for a new camera.

Pull the camera and check for corrosion at the camera connector and clean it if there is and test it. Otherwise time for a new camera.
I had a new camera installed and flashed. Where is the camera connector?

I had a new camera installed and flashed. Where is the camera connector?
Right at the camera. Who installed it? Is it an OEM camera or aftermarket? The installer would have noticed corrosion and should have cleaned it, if it was present. Its possible you got a defective new camera as well, things like that happen sometimes.

Right at the camera. Who installed it? Is it an OEM camera or aftermarket? The installer would have noticed corrosion and should have cleaned it, if it was present. Its possible you got a defective new camera as well, things like that happen sometimes.
The dealer and it was OEM. It's been replaced twice. I've read that doing soft and hard resets could help. How do you do a soft reset?

The dealer and it was OEM. It's been replaced twice. I've read that doing soft and hard resets could help. How do you do a soft reset?
I take it the dealer is of no help at this point? They really should be the ones dealing with it but I get that you are likely frustrated. I take it that it has been doing the same thing both times it has been replaced?

I take it the dealer is of no help at this point? They really should be the ones dealing with it but I get that you are likely frustrated. I take it that it has been doing the same thing both times it has been replaced?
Yes

I would suspect a wiring issue then. The APIM goes blue on the camera when it doesn't see a signal from the camera. The wiring at the camera is notorious for corrosion. Sometimes when it looks okay, internally the wiring is still corroded. My guess is a pigtail replacement is in order.

I would suspect a wiring issue then. The APIM goes blue on the camera when it doesn't see a signal from the camera. The wiring at the camera is notorious for corrosion. Sometimes when it looks okay, internally the wiring is still corroded. My guess is a pigtail replacement is in order.
Sounds like splicing the wire. I watched a video on YouTube. I shared that and the information I have gotten on this thread with the dealer.

Sometimes back up camera comes on normally when car is shifted to reverse, sometimes it comes on and the image is grainy. Sometimes the backup camera image stays on the sync screen after the vehicle is shifted from reverse to drive. But always the image is reversed. In other words if you are backing up and there is physically a tree on the passenger side of the vehicle the sync screen shows the tree on the drivers side. I think a new camera will only fix the grainy issue. Is the reverse image and the camera staying on in drive a function of the body control module or the module behind the sync screen?. Anyone else have a similar problem?

I am having something similar. It displays when he wants specially in the mornings.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sometimes back up camera comes on normally when car is shifted to reverse, sometimes it comes on and the image is grainy. Sometimes the backup camera image stays on the sync screen after the vehicle is shifted from reverse to drive. But always the image is reversed. In other words if you are backing up and there is physically a tree on the passenger side of the vehicle the sync screen shows the tree on the drivers side. I think a new camera will only fix the grainy issue. Is the reverse image and the camera staying on in drive a function of the body control module or the module behind the sync screen?. Anyone else have a similar problem?
Your thread was merged with this one.
Does that camera stay ON when in drive all the while when you are driving or does it go OFF after you start driving? Just wondering because there is a setting that allows the camera to stay ON until you get to a certain speed. Given the age of your Explorer and the likelihood that it is the original camera, I would guess that it is time to replace it. Newer cameras are close to HD picture quality.
You may also want to check out this thread; Rearview camera view backwards

Peter

Back