• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer in possession?

LeFurg

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Fusion SE
Does anybody have a 2013 Explorer in possession (you've leased/purchased it)?

If so, have you noticed any issues (pillars, brakes, pre-installed MFT, other)?

jw2013explorer, I know you and some others have one on order. I know the 2013's are on some lots now, my local dealer has at least two (for a couple of weeks now). A dealer in Texas has at least five (after a quick search online).

I'm not expecting much of a difference with MFT b/t 12 & 13 model given reviews on it now, but for the question above....just wonderin'..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jw2013explorer, I know you and some others have one on order. I know the 2013's are on some lots now, my local dealer has at least two (for a couple of weeks now). A dealer in Texas has at least five (after a quick search online).

I'm not expecting much of a difference with MFT b/t 12 & 13 model given reviews on it now, but for the question above....just wonderin'..
Wildcat_1 has a 2013. I searched the threads.

Peter

I purchased a 2013 Explorer base on March 14, 2012. Haven't seen no issues yet.

Does that mean you have all the same issues as are posted on the boards?

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the Forum lowqjr.:wavey:
The 14th marked the first anniversary of my 2011 Explorer.
Peter

Does that mean you have all the same issues as are posted on the boards?

And the grammar police is on duty.... ugh

Sarcasm font was used. Relax.

lol, the font looked the same to me. /sarcasm

I was also being sarcastic, but for some reason you didn't pick up on that? Curious... ;)

Happy driving.

LeFurg, thanks for the shout out. Didn't think that my "Will I regret this?" thread would become so popular. I am also curious to see how '13 Ex owners are liking them so far. :D

Our 2013 Ex is supposed to roll of the assembly line Thursday, 3/22. Meanwhile, other 2013's ordered after mine for stock are already sitting 0oon the dealer's lot.

Our 2013 is an XLT with no options except towing.

Go figure......

Al in NC

I have a late December built 2012, and have no issues. I'm guessing Ford has finally got them right.

I have a 2013 EX and so far so good. MFT has been working great, no wind rattle from the pillars, no window streaks, no issues with braking. We will see if it stays that way. Lets hope Ford learned from previous errors.

I have a 2013 EX and so far so good. MFT has been working great, no wind rattle from the pillars, no window streaks, no issues with braking. We will see if it stays that way. Lets hope Ford learned from previous errors.
On behalf of the early model owners and the other beta testers, let me say, You're welcome.:D

Also, welcome to the Forum airguy48. It's nice to have you aboard.:wavey:
I hope you continue to enjoy your new ride.

The members here are great in assisting owners, new and old. Also, if you run into situations your dealer has a problem with, Cory (FordCustSrvc) from Ford monitors the forum and can be very helpful in getting issues addressed.

Peter

Picked up 2013 Limited yesterday, having problems with HomeLink not programing. Other than that sweet.

Picked up 2013 Limited yesterday, having problems with HomeLink not programing. Other than that sweet.
You are not alone. A few people have had this problem. Just make sure that the 'learning' button on your garage unit is pressed first before selecting a button on the visor and remember you have a limited time to do all this.
Welcome to the Forum machpep.:wavey:

Peter

I wish it was HOMELINK, their stuff works and is easy to program! This Car2U stuff is JUNK! It only works on certain garages and you have to run around within 30 seconds pressing buttons. User friendly anyone?!
Oh wait, HOMELINK knows how, sync the remote with the visor buttons by pressing both at the same time! wow, there's an idea!

I wish it was HOMELINK, their stuff works and is easy to program! This Car2U stuff is JUNK! It only works on certain garages and you have to run around within 30 seconds pressing buttons. User friendly anyone?!
Oh wait, HOMELINK knows how, sync the remote with the visor buttons by pressing both at the same time! wow, there's an idea!

You have to press the button and do the 30 second run-around with Homelink also if you have a rolling code garage door opener.

Does anybody have a 2013 Explorer in possession (you've leased/purchased it)?...
LeFurg,

I see there are already a couple of replies to this; just another reason why this community is so great. :thumbsup:

Thanks for everyone taking the time to post here (even the grammar lessons). ;)

Our 2013 Ex is supposed to roll of the assembly line Thursday, 3/22...
Al,

I did some research on your order; check your inbox for the details. :)

...The members here are great in assisting owners, new and old. Also, if you run into situations your dealer has a problem with, Cory (FordCustSrvc) from Ford monitors the forum and can be very helpful in getting issues addressed.

Peter
Thanks a bunch for the shout-out, Peter! :D

...It only works on certain garages and you have to run around within 30 seconds pressing buttons...
machpep & CDN_Explorer,

Have you had a chance to resolve the issue with programming? Drop me a line via PM and I’ll lend a hand.

Cory

I believe that some 2013 models do have Homelink. I had it in my Highlander and had a problem with it initially. I had no problems with the Car2U programming. My garage unit is a Chamberlain with rolling code.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm a big guy, and programmed my Homelink. Actually, on 3 vehicles... While parked next to the garage, walking in to push a button one time knowing that I'll do probably once while I have the vehicle didn't seem like that much of a user-unfriendly procedure to me.

Back