2013 Explorer ... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer ...

Do you have pricing on the colors?
The Ford website shows that prices for the 2012 colours. The platinum white tri-coat was $495 and the Red Candy Tinted Clearcoat was $395. They didn't have the Ruby Red in 2012. I would think the 2013 prices would be along the same lines. In Canada, both these colours are $300.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hope this post works. My first try...

The 2012 EX Limited I drove the other day is the first Ford I've ever driven where you can't comfortably rest your left elbow anywhere on the door and grab the steering wheel. My 1997 F-150 is perfect as are many other Fords I've owned over the years. As much as I hate my wife's 99 Continental terrible seats at least I can rest my left arm and drive. How is it possible to have a new vehicle supposedly designed with input from women be so inhospitable to normal sized women? My guess would be the same design team that made the new Taurus have about as much room inside as Civic...

Anyone know if the drivers side door panel is being redesigned for 2013 so my wife can grab the steering wheel and rest her left arm at the time same? A larger steering wheel might also solve the problem. Could a steering wheel from another model solve the problem? While I could live with the Explorer, my wife so far cannot and this is preventing us from considering the Explorer. We may end up with an Ecoboost Flex if we can figure out some sort of cargo cover for the Flex.

Speaking of cargo cover, any plans for a retractable cover for 2013 Explorer or at least something for a Flex? Dang, my 1990 Sable Wagon had one. The only recently released Ford SUV with a retractable cover is the MKT. I can't even find another car maker that does not at least offer a cover. At least make one available and charge $300 if needed. Exactly where is my wife supposed to put her custom saddle that we waited 6 months to receive? Throw a blanket over it or cut a piece of cardboard?

Even with the poor driving position and all the blind spots we may still get the EX because momma likes how it looks. There is much I do like about the EX especially since Ford finally assigned a couple engineers with UI experience to rework the hideous MFT UI that is so inhospitable to anyone with eyes over the age of 40. It's inconceivable any engineering team with 10 minutes of software experience would not have implemented a MFT basic mode for grandma. Just who do they think has $45K to spend on this vehicle?

Maybe my dealer will call me and ask me if I want to trade in for a new one. Although i love my new X, I dig the standard HID's and the heated steering wheel and power telescopic steering wheel. When my lease is up I might consider getting a new one. Time will tell, but for now I love what I have. No complaints. I dont need the other things on the new model and on the current 12 model with the 302A package but it would have been icing on the cake. I have the 301A. Sometimes u just have to enjoy the cake u have.

Pricing for 2013 MY

1tufgt,

White Platinum Tri-Coat and Ruby Red tinted clearcoat. :)

Cory

Hi Cory,

Besides the markups for the color, do you have any clues on how the prices are going to look like for the 2013 MY ? would these be significantly different than MY 2012 ?

~A

Do you have pricing on the colors?
1tufgt,

Pricing on colors will be the same as 2012 - $395 for Ruby Red, $495 for White Platinum.

...Besides the markups for the color, do you have any clues on how the prices are going to look like for the 2013 MY ? would these be significantly different than MY 2012 ?...
LI-X-Guy,

Overall pricing for 2013 will be announced closer to launch, in February. No major changes expected, aside from pricing due to equipment changes.

Cory

1tufgt,

Pricing on colors will be the same as 2012 - $395 for Ruby Red, $495 for White Platinum.

Cory
Curious. When I do a 'build' the prices for both colours for Canadian models is only $300. That is what I paid for my 2011 White Platinum Tri-coat.

Peter

Curious. When I do a 'build' the prices for both colours for Canadian models is only $300. That is what I paid for my 2011 White Platinum Tri-coat.

Peter
Peter,

It will be $300 for Ruby Red and $300 for White Platinum in the Great White North. Sometimes it pays to live in Canada, eh? :D

Cory

Longtime lurker, first time poster...these forums have been a great help in researching the vehicle.

I emailed my local dealership about ordering a 2013. They said no problem. I told them which options I wanted. The internet sales rep responded with a quote of 300 above invoice price guaranteed. Apparently prices aren't confirmed yet, however the prices he gave for a 4wd LTD with the 302a run about a grand higher. This includes lane keeping and the heated steering wheel.

I will probably pull the trigger on an order around the last week in January as that is when I will be home from work.

I still haven't decided on a color though...I hear the ruby red one is the fastest.

Check out the new 2013 colour Green Gem Metallic (W6)

They had it on the Taurus for a few years

It's a very dark metallic green that looks black until the light hits it a certain way, very cool.

Longtime lurker, first time poster...these forums have been a great help in researching the vehicle.

I emailed my local dealership about ordering a 2013. They said no problem. I told them which options I wanted. The internet sales rep responded with a quote of 300 above invoice price guaranteed. Apparently prices aren't confirmed yet, however the prices he gave for a 4wd LTD with the 302a run about a grand higher. This includes lane keeping and the heated steering wheel.

I will probably pull the trigger on an order around the last week in January as that is when I will be home from work.

I still haven't decided on a color though...I hear the ruby red one is the fastest.
Welcome to the Forum, SpencerEX. :wavey:
FYI, the Ruby Red and White Platinum tri coat colours are also extra $$.
Not sure if it is $475. I know it is posted somewhere but you should also be able to find that out by doing a 'build' of your vehicle on the Ford website.

Peter

It's a very dark metallic green that looks black until the light hits it a certain way, very cool.

Hmm, I'm a sucker for a dark green. Loving the Golden Bronze though, and happy to be part of a soon-to-be-exclusive club. :)

Thanks Sgt1411, our county just ordered ex intercepter and Taurus, appreciate the update from your event, I'll have to crawl around one when it's delivered, and figure out the lighting issues.

It was called the atlantis green on the Taurus correct ?

Would look cool on the ex.

maerlim - the Golden bronze is gng to go with the 2013 MY unless you have ordered yourself a 2012

~A

Any pics on the 2013 available?

Lane Keeping and Heat Steering Wheel Availability

MY2012 Limited due to be built Jan 30th - does anyone know if it is possible to get some of the 2013 enhancements like Heated Steering Wheel and Lane Keeping features added - if so - how would I go about doing it. Either way love the looks and feel of the EX -

MY2012 Limited due to be built Jan 30th - does anyone know if it is possible to get some of the 2013 enhancements like Heated Steering Wheel and Lane Keeping features added - if so - how would I go about doing it. Either way love the looks and feel of the EX -

Check with Cory next week but if your build date is Jan 30th I would guess its a 13MY not a 12MY

If not you would have to cancel your 12MY order and reorder a 13MY

Those options you mentioned are part of packages, not stand alone, as far as how they can be ordered on the 2013 Explorer order guide thats out.

sliding 3rd row

Any idea if we are going to get the sliding 2nd row for 2013 MY ?

~A

Check with Cory next week but if your build date is Jan 30th I would guess its a 13MY not a 12MY

If not you would have to cancel your 12MY order and reorder a 13MY

Those options you mentioned are part of packages, not stand alone, as far as how they can be ordered on the 2013 Explorer order guide thats out.

Would you happen to have a link to that order guide by chance?

I only looked at the Order Guide while at the dealer.

Cory are you able to post the 13MY Explorer Order Guide?

LI-X Guy - I don't know what sliding 2nd row is exactly. I have 2nd row buckets.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Sgt1411 - My Explorer Limitied (my2012 order placed 12/14 )was ordered with the 301A package, Luxury Seating Pkg, Tow Pkg, Dual Panel Moonroof, Bliss - I'll check with Cory to see if the build date of 1/30 will incorporate any of the 13 add on's

Back