2013 Explorer ... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer ...

I only looked at the Order Guide while at the dealer.

Cory are you able to post the 13MY Explorer Order Guide?

LI-X Guy - I don't know what sliding 2nd row is exactly. I have 2nd row buckets.

The second row buckets definitely slide to provide more legroom for the third row ...i was interested in knowing whether the 2013 would offer second row sliding bench like as in the pilot ?

~A

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From an earlier post it looks like the 13MY have all the same engines as before. Any chance the Eco-Boost will ever come out with AWD? I really like the EcoBoost but living where there are a few days a year that AWD is needed to get around, I don't want to settle for FWD.

Other than that, the new 13MY Limited sounds like it's my next mode of transportation!

...I will probably pull the trigger on an order around the last week in January as that is when I will be home from work...
Welcome officially to the boards, SpencerEX; I’m glad to see you step out of the “shadows”. ;)

Check out the new 2013 colour Green Gem Metallic (W6)...
Hmm, I'm a sucker for a dark green...
It was called the atlantis green on the Taurus correct ?

Would look cool on the ex...
I agree, guys; that Green Gem Metallic is a super sleek look on the Explorer! :cool:

Welcome to the Forum, SpencerEX. :wavey:
FYI, the Ruby Red and White Platinum tri coat colours are also extra $$.
Not sure if it is $475...
Pricing on colors will be the same as 2012, Peter. $395 for Ruby Red, $495 for White Platinum, and $300 for both if you’re in Canada. :)

Any pics on the 2013 available?
rmp301,

The exterior and interior appearances are unchanged for 13MY. The appearance differences are the colors, and the look of MFT. We expect to have the Ford.com website up by 2/7, if not earlier. :D

MY2012 Limited due to be built Jan 30th - does anyone know if it is possible to get some of the 2013 enhancements like Heated Steering Wheel and Lane Keeping features added - if so - how would I go about doing it. Either way love the looks and feel of the EX -
...I'll check with Cory to see if the build date of 1/30 will incorporate any of the 13 add on's
vinnym,

The 13MY enhancements are not available on 12MY vehicles – different wiring harness and engineering. I also sent you a reply back, so check your inbox for the details.

Check with Cory next week but if your build date is Jan 30th I would guess its a 13MY not a 12MY...
...Cory are you able to post the 13MY Explorer Order Guide?...
Thanks for the shout-out, Sgt1411; no, I’m unable to post that.

Any idea if we are going to get the sliding 2nd row for 2013 MY ?...
LI-X-Guy,

We are looking at a type of sliding 2nd row for future models, but not for 13MY.

...Other than that, the new 13MY Limited sounds like it's my next mode of transportation!
Great choice, deewan! :biggthump

Cory

The second row buckets definitely slide to provide more legroom for the third row ...~A

First post, been lurking some time.

I'm 6'4" ... do the bucket seats in 2nd row slide back to make room for second row, or just slide forward for room for 3rd row? When I sat in an '11 at dealer with bench seat in 2nd row, was concerned about room behind driver in 2nd row. Thus, thinking bucket seats in 2nd would help since the slide. But have not seen one in person with bucket seats.

Thanks for info.

" The exterior and interior appearances are unchanged for 13MY. The appearance differences are the colors, and the look of MFT. We expect to have the Ford.com website up by 2/7, if not earlier. "

What do u mean by " the look of MFT " ?!!

...When I sat in an '11 at dealer with bench seat in 2nd row, was concerned about room behind driver in 2nd row. Thus, thinking bucket seats in 2nd would help since the slide. But have not seen one in person with bucket seats...
Gatortailale,

Finding enough leg room isn’t such a “tall” order. ;)

All puns aside, the buckets provide an incremental 40mm (about 1½”) 2nd row legroom over the bench. :)

...What do u mean by " the look of MFT " ?!!
The new software update that's coming to everbody this spring when the Taurus is released.

They improved/fixed MFT by making it faster and changing the GUI on over 1000 screens...
sultanus,

Thanks for jumping in so quickly, drober30. :D Be sure to stay tuned to posts from Rebecca in the In-Vehicle Technology Team (username: FordIVTteam) for the latest on the release.

Cory

New to this fourm I was at my local dealer today getting information on the explorer . I was asking about interface of phones into mft not bluetooth but having apps for fords I was told this would be comming out later in 2012 is this true and if so what is it and how will it work with the explorer and what phones will this support

New to this fourm I was at my local dealer today getting information on the explorer . I was asking about interface of phones into mft not bluetooth but having apps for fords I was told this would be comming out later in 2012 is this true and if so what is it and how will it work with the explorer and what phones will this support
Welcome to the forum, road! It’s true there will be an upgrade released and when that happens, Rebecca in the In-Vehicle Technology team (FordIVTteam) will post the details. She was out sick yesterday, so hopefully she’s feeling better today! :D

Cory

My 2012 Ford Explorer Limited already came equipped with the HID Xenon headlights so this feature was already been installed on the 2012 limited Ford Explorers.

Welcome, road!

It sounds to me like you are talking about AppLink. This isn't available on MyFord Touch vehicles yet. We are currently working on getting the bugs out of MFT; once that's completed, we'll work on getting everyone AppLink.

I'll be sure to post more details closer to the release of the Performance Upgrade :)

Welcome to the forum, road! It’s true there will be an upgrade released and when that happens, Rebecca in the In-Vehicle Technology team (FordIVTteam) will post the details. She was out sick yesterday, so hopefully she’s feeling better today! :D

Cory

Thanks, Cory!

Rebecca

My 2012 Ford Explorer Limited already came equipped with the HID Xenon headlights so this feature was already been installed on the 2012 limited Ford Explorers.
Unlike the U.S. models, all Canadian Limiteds come with HID headlamps as standard equipment.

My dealer advised the following changes

Front passenger knee airbag standard on all models

New colour offerings
— Kodiak Brown Metallic
— Green Gem Metallic
— Oxford White
— Deep Impact Blue
— Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat

Colours no longer available
— Golden Bronze
— White Suede
— Dark Blue Pearl

The Limited Luxury Seat Package gets the heated steering wheel and the Power Tilt/Telescoping steering column.

The Limited Technology Package gets the Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keep Assist and the Auto High Beams.

2nd Row Bucket Seats – 6 passengers (w/Power Assist
Folding Seats, Adjustable Tracks) and 2nd Row Console now available on XLT models

New Final Drive Ratio's for the 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 Engine
Adjustable tracks? Does this mean the 2nd row captains chairs will slide?

Oh and for those who are jealous of the heated steering wheel in the '13 models - you can always take your Explorer to a local custom shop and have it added. It's not all that expensive. I believe a couple hundred is all it takes.

Oh and for those who are jealous of the heated steering wheel in the '13 models - you can always take your Explorer to a local custom shop and have it added. It's not all that expensive. I believe a couple hundred is all it takes.

A pair of gloves is much cheaper.

@ FordCustSrvc -

Cory,
What are (if any) the changes to the option packages for the MY13 Limited? And can you post/discuss/list cost changes for the MY13?

Looking to pull the trigger on a Limited but can't get enough info to do so.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@ FordCustSrvc -

Cory,
What are (if any) the changes to the option packages for the MY13 Limited? And can you post/discuss/list cost changes for the MY13?

Looking to pull the trigger on a Limited but can't get enough info to do so.
Does your local dealership not have that info? When I ordered my 2011 in Dec. 2010, the models had not even come out yet but the dealer had all the info I needed to place the order.
BTW, welcome to the Forum toysoldier. :salute:

Peter

Back