2013 Explorer Sport - Ambient Lighting Problems? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Sport - Ambient Lighting Problems?

I had the same problem with dim ambient light in the passenger footwell of my Sport. I looked under the dash and there was a piece of orange tape covering the light I guess this was a shipping thing that wasn't removed. Now all of my areas are nice and bright with the brightness turned up all the way. You may want to check if it is something easy like this causing the dimmness.

I went and looked, while I did have a piece of orange tape under the passenger side, it was not covering the led for ambient lighting... Do you live anywhere near your dealer? I'd like to find someone who has compared the ambient lighting of the explorer to the edge limited. I think mine may be normal, but normal is no where near the strength/brightness of the edge.

I'm gonna agree with cputman. I haven't gotten my '13 sport in yet so can't say how bright or dim the ambient is BUT I had a rental Edge Limited in Houston a few months ago and found the ambient so bright it was a distraction. I actually hope the Sport comes in softer.

I suppose it's each his / her own taste but that's my view. I'd say hit the dealer and compare.

I went and looked, while I did have a piece of orange tape under the passenger side, it was not covering the led for ambient lighting... Do you live anywhere near your dealer? I'd like to find someone who has compared the ambient lighting of the explorer to the edge limited. I think mine may be normal, but normal is no where near the strength/brightness of the edge.
While I haven't looked at an Edge - I did take delivery of mine a couple weeks ago. I have personally found the lighting to be almost overwhelming depending on the color - particularly the royal blue. Some of the others are a bit softer - but it never occurred to me that the strength/brightness was lacking.

Perhaps yours happens to be defective - or maybe your idea of not-so-bright is blinding to me?

I'll try to get some pictures - maybe that will help clarify the discrepancy.

Back