Ambient Lighting Problems | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ambient Lighting Problems

I did the install of the Ambient Lighting Reset on my Taurus this morning. I saved the install files on a 2nd drive before installing them. So if you are running MFT 3.6.2 and the software version is 4.30.13171 I have the install file that I can email. Pretty sure it will work with any MFT that is 3.6.2 and 4.30.13171.

Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since getting my vehicle in April, I haven't had occasion to drive it at night. I just went out and checked the Ambient Lighting setting and it was the default white, not the light blue I had set it to a few months ago. I'll have the dealer check this out when I go in at the end of October for my oil change and Winter tires.

Peter

I did the install of the Ambient Lighting Reset on my Taurus this morning. I saved the install files on a 2nd drive before installing them. So if you are running MFT 3.6.2 and the software version is 4.30.13171 I have the install file that I can email. Pretty sure it will work with any MFT that is 3.6.2 and 4.30.13171.

Jason

What version shows in vehicle on MFT? It was 4.30.14131_PRODUCT.

Settings/system info

My warranty is now expired, is this something the dealer will do at no charge?

My warranty is now expired, is this something the dealer will do at no charge?

APIM hardware and software issues including software upgrades are covered for 5 years from date of new vehicle purchase per Customer Satisfaction Program 12M02

2015 Ambient Lighting

So, I tried changing the ambient lighting color, but only a few areas change to that color... The rest of the interior is that green... Is that normal?

Also, it is very bright, even when turned down all the way... Why?

That def isn't operating right. Do a master reset of MFT and if it still is an issue go visit the dealer. What version MFT?

That def isn't operating right. Do a master reset of MFT and if it still is an issue go visit the dealer. What version MFT?

Master reset?

When I log into my website, it says it's up to date.

Then you should have the latest. Do the master reset. If it still doesn't work it will be a dealer visit.

Then you should have the latest. Do the master reset. If it still doesn't work it will be a dealer visit.

Sounds good. Thanks.

So, online it says that my software is up-to-date, but the sync software on my actual Explorer screen says Navigation Application Version: 3.62.5. Now, I am unable to locate where you can download the appropriate software update, as it shows that mine is current. Now what?

So, online it says that my software is up-to-date, but the sync software on my actual Explorer screen says Navigation Application Version: 3.62.5. Now, I am unable to locate where you can download the appropriate software update, as it shows that mine is current. Now what?

Send me your VIN I will see what OASIS says.

Jason

Send me your VIN I will see what OASIS says.

Jason

I'm on the online chat right now... Hopefully they can help me.

Chat says they pulled the 3.7 update due to issues...

I'll PM my VIN.

Chat says they pulled the 3.7 update due to issues...

I'll PM my VIN.

Got it....OASIS says your at 3.7.11 which was installed 8/21/14.

You're saying that MFT itself is telling you it has 3.6.2.?

Got it....OASIS says your at 3.7.11 which was installed 8/21/14.

You're saying that MFT itself is telling you it has 3.6.2.?

Just got done with chat... 4.32.14073_PRODUCT is the latest version I guess. So I am up-to-date. Thanks for checking!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got done with chat... 4.32.14073_PRODUCT is the latest version I guess. So I am up-to-date. Thanks for checking!

Did you do the master reset?

Back