2014 Carlisle All Ford Nationals! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Carlisle All Ford Nationals!

Touche'. That's looking like a better option. I'm waiting on parts that probably won't arrive in time and my steering box empties itself by the time I make it to the end of my block.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Touche'. That's looking like a better option. I'm waiting on parts that probably won't arrive in time and my steering box empties itself by the time I make it to the end of my block.

Will those older Bronco II and Explorer steering boxes swap with any cars? I ask because the GM Saginaw box is the top dog and used in NASCAR, and it also ended up in a few rare Fords. The 72/73 Mustang had them, and because they bolt in place of tons of the Ford version of other models, any Saginaw box can go into those other Fords. I had one built for my 73 Ranchero, and those you could specify the steering ratio and end stops. The Saginaw boxes have four bolts instead of two, on the service cover(not the mounting bolts). The IROC Camaros and Trans Ams were the common cars to get them from.

Hey all,

First off, lemmie apologize for being a terrible organizer this year. IT's taken a decade, but I finally understand how and why everyone moves on from Explorers and four wheeling; my priorities and interests have totally changed. That said, Morgan isn't going to the Carlisle. His rockers are rotted out, rust is bubbling through his paint, stripes are cracked, front suspension still needs a total overhaul, rear bumper is splitting at the seams and those Claws look freaking ridiculous on such narrow rims. On the trail, he still owns it, but he'd be beyond embarrassing at such a high profile show. There are dozens of reasons why I won't have him fixed in time, but it all boils down to money and motivation. Or lack thereof, as it were. I'll be honest, just coming down to the show period is financial suicide... yet I feel beholden to everyone to make an appearance, so I'll be bringing Bullet down Friday night and hanging out Saturday as a walk-in only (and that's assuming that I have working brakes again- she's cost me $350 in the last few weeks and my brake pedal is still going to to the #$%@ floor. I'm too old for this crap).

I'm sorry. Before anyone gives me a load of crap, please realize that I'm literally watching one of my dearest dreams get crushed here. Since 2002, I wanted one of my trucks to be featured in the actual show. Figures, they're about 5 years too late and my trucks have slowly rusted to death.

I still have two rooms reserved at the Comfort Suites in downtown Carlisle for Friday night ONLY (they have 2 beds each). By my count, we have:

Me
Josh
Kady
Cameron
Emily
Don

So do we really need a second room? I'm ok with crashing on the floor.

Sucks to hear but I'm not far behind you! I worked for 3 days straight and barely made a dent in mine. I planned on finishing the little stuff after work each day this week but now it's raining so I can't even do that! I'm still bringing it but I'm not guaranteeing how well she will look. I'm getting to that point too where **** has piled up with it and now it's overwhelming and I don't have time or a garage to tackle it.

We are bringing an air mattress anyway so I guess we can figure out sleeping arrangements when we get there. I don't mind a small crowd for one night!

Hey, all that matters is that you will be there! Thankfully mine isn't a daily driver for me anymore so I've been working towards this trip sing February! I have a few last minute things to do but I'll be there hopefully in full force this time!

Hey, all that matters is that you will be there! Thankfully mine isn't a daily driver for me anymore so I've been working towards this trip sing February! I have a few last minute things to do but I'll be there hopefully in full force this time!

I'm looking forward to getting goosebumps when you start your truck :) Refresh my memory, are you staying with us in the hotel or did you get your own place?

Ya know Spas, the only reason I was going to come this year was to support you and Morgan. That said I am still on my way up Saturday, just to spend some time with my friends.
( just dont make me walk around for three hours alone waiting for you this year )

My truck is gonna look the worst of them all. Accident damage still unattended, scratches and swirls, broken stuff galore. Looks like a daily lol

I'm looking forward to getting goosebumps when you start your truck :) Refresh my memory, are you staying with us in the hotel or did you get your own place?

I got my own place again.. I like camping vs. hotel (nice a quiet), and they can be cheaper for a single person. With that said, I'm game for hanging with everyone Friday night until whenever. I'll also be staying Saturday night if anyone else will be around.

i just got in a few hours ago. not a fun ride. 3 hours in, evil decided to give me a massive back massage for god knows how long (the vibration was so bad i almost turned around and went home, and i thought i fixed that problem). then came the 5 hours of driving threw rain. and now there is something clanging around on my NEW exhaust. tim isnt a happy boy, but i will use some hotel rags (formally known as towels) and crawl under it in the morning. the good? it manged 18.5mpg here compared to the 14mpg last year.

Let me know if I need to bring any parts with me on Friday. I have U-joints and many other parts.

Well, good luck to everyone..... remember, it's not all about looks, I took 3rd place in '02 with a muddy, dented up rig (no SAS but on 35's)

Morgan can't make it because he just isn't safe on the road right now, he needs alot of front end work, if it was only cosmetic, he'd be there cause Lindsy would work around the clock to get him done, and if our buddy with a car trailer fixed said trailer he'd be there, but he didn't and driving just isn't a safe option.

Have fun guys!

im in carlisle right now. met up with adam, his wife and kids. we all went for a walk around the swap to check out what was set up (i scored a working scan gauge 2 for $20), and we went to check out where we are going to be parked. basicaly same place as last year

DSC03217.jpg

but to our surprise we have a..........tent?????

DSC032162.jpg

cant wait to check out the sweet rides up there see ya tomrrow morning

14 years of religiously attending the AFN's and we finally get our own tent... when attendance is the lowest it's ever been. *bangs head on desk* Oyyyy.

Plans are still on for me to get down there in the early evening (on the plus side, I have working brakes now! Woo!). Do y'all wanna have dinner at the hotle again? They were super nice to us last year. Also, do we wanna have dinner Saturday night before everybody heads their separate ways?

Kinda depressing what the AFN's have come to since '02..... lots of partyin', and lost of wheelin'..... blame Obama!

maybe one year we can get a reunion goin..... try to get most of the original crew (and newbies) and do things like we used to.... wheelin' and all!

If I didn't have so much going on I really want to be there
And having to work this weekend as we'll
I have no free weekends and with three weddings and my own wedding and at the same time looking to buy another house everything is crazy

Be there in the am parked with the superduties

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone else hitting the dyno?

Back