• Register Today It's free!

2014 Sport Seat comfort Fix

Tux47

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburg, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Sport Tux Black
Hello everyone, looking for anyone who has a link to information or has experience taking apart the front driver seat with leather trim, the heat and cooling feature along with 10way adjustment. This seat is awful for me, feel like I'm sitting on the back rest, not the bottom cushion due to lack of foam. I've adjusted and adjusted and can not get it fixed that way. I've research forms on here, Google and YouTube but get nothing that is specific to this year seat and trim. Seems to be a major complaint amongst 50% of owners so hoping for some recommendations. I'm purchasing a slim seat cushion till I can find some instructions or tips. Like to wrap the bottom seat with memory foam to fill in the space. Not liking the idea of having to stick with the temp fix and not getting my heated seat.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
To say that the lack of seat comfort is a complaint among 50% of owners is quite a stretch. Even in this 5 page thread on the issue, there are several posts to the contrary.
Uncomfortable front seats
Then there is this one; seats comfortable?
Considering the number of members here, I'd think that complaints may be in the 5% range if that. I had no issues with my 2011. Then I had a 2014 MKT for 3 years before going back to a 2017 Explorer Platinum. It was then that I noticed that the seat cushion seemed to be a little short but after driving the Explorer for a few months, it was no longer something that bothered me.
Whatever you do to the seat, make sure that the cushion heating is not obstructed. You may want to think about going to an automotive upholstery shop or something similar.
Good luck.

Peter

I agree with Peter, I don't think it's anywhere near 50%.

I guess I don't have any complaints about the seats in my '14 Sport.
In fact, every time I have to drive another vehicle, I cannot wait to get back to my Explorer for the seat comfort. The only complaint I had was the left foot rest (dead pedal), but I've gotten used to it and it rarely bothers me anymore.

Well after about another week I finally decided to tear apart the driver seat and undo the cable straps that connect the lumbar support. That helped a bit but not enough to fix the seats completely for me. I finally decided to purchase a seat cushion off of amazon for 30 dollars that did the trick. After about 3 weeks I have had zero issues driving the sport.

..........I finally decided to purchase a seat cushion off of amazon for 30 dollars that did the trick. After about 3 weeks I have had zero issues driving the sport.
I hope you are aware of this statement from the Owner's Manual;
Do not place anything on the seat that insulates against
heat, such as a blanket or cushion, because this may cause the seat
heater to overheat.

Peter

I hope you are aware of this statement from the Owner's Manual;
Do not place anything on the seat that insulates against
heat, such as a blanket or cushion, because this may cause the seat
heater to overheat.

Peter
Thanks for the heads up.

Back