2014 XLT interior lights don’t come on when doors are opened | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 XLT interior lights don’t come on when doors are opened

DiosmioMan

Reaction score
City, State
Douglasville Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
2014 Explorer XLT interior lights won’t come on when doors are opened. Was going to check fuse 12 for the courtesy lights, but this diagram says that fuse also controls the puddle lamps, which are working. Am I correct to think that rules out a problem with the fuse? Any ideas on solving this?

IMG_6302.jpeg

2014 Explorer XLT interior lights won’t come on when doors are opened. Was going to check fuse 12 for the courtesy lights, but this diagram says that fuse also controls the puddle lamps, which are working. Am I correct to think that rules out a problem with the fuse? Any ideas on solving this?

View attachment 450667

I forgot to mention- the Homelink garage door opener in the visor doesn’t work either.

I forgot to mention- the Homelink garage door opener in the visor doesn’t work either.
If other items associated with the fuse in question work, then, yes, the fuse is not the problem.
I checked the fuse list in the manual and don't see anything else that could possibly be the issue.
Do the visor lights work?

Peter

Back