2015 3rd Row seat Cable Broke, won't fold flat | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 3rd Row seat Cable Broke, won't fold flat

David0979

Reaction score
City, State
Scotia, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Base
2015 Explorer, Manual 3rd row (has the red/black pulls to adjust the seat) Black pull broke and about 18" of cable came out with it, looks like it goes in a sleeve towards the top of the seat where the latch is. (currently latched) Tough to get to. I just want to get it unlatched so i can fold it flat and leave it that way. trying to figure out the easiest way to do that, hopefully without pulling the seat out. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Think i figured it out, not the neatest way (but it's a work vehicle, and it's going to be flat all the time anyway) Traced the tubing up that the cable was in, and made a 1-2" cut right above the latching mechanism, could get my finger in there and press the release. Figure i'll stitch up the cut and leave it folded flat. Not the cleanest option, but works in a pinch.

We
2015 Explorer, Manual 3rd row (has the red/black pulls to adjust the seat) Black pull broke and about 18" of cable came out with it, looks like it goes in a sleeve towards the top of the seat where the latch is. (currently latched) Tough to get to. I just want to get it unlatched so i can fold it flat and leave it that way. trying to figure out the easiest way to do that, hopefully without pulling the seat out. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the Forum David.:wave:
I'm not familiar with the manual 3rd row seats so hopefully someone else will jump in here.

Peter

Back