• Register Today It's free!

2015 shipping dates

Squarej

Reaction score
City, State
Wood River IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Did a search and could not find an answer.
My dealer can't find a 14 and since I missed 14 deadline by 3 days, does anyone know how long before the 15 will begin shipping to dealers?

Thanks
Jamie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you sure you missed the deadline? I placed an order for a 14 on Monday, March 17 and was told that you can place an order for at least another two weeks. Dealer double checked with local zone office and verified that timeline was truly extended.

Typically they start the 2015 builds in June and delivery's start after the "OK to Sell" approval is given.

Dealer called this morning. 21 dealers called and none will trade. They can order one will be 6-10 weeks. Think I am going to go this route.

Thanks for help.

I got the order number, VIN & msrp today.

I was told that I could order a 2014 through mid-May, and then they stop production for 2-3 weeks and begin 2015 production.

I was told that I could order a 2014 through mid-May, and then they stop production for 2-3 weeks and begin 2015 production.

2014 Explorer ordering has been cut off. They do not stop production for 2-3 weeks to change model years; that's a lot of lost money on building Explorers. As soon as '14 production is complete, the '15's start rolling down the line. 2015's start 6/2/14.

Back