2016 Ford Interceptor loss of turn signals and steering wheel buttons | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford Interceptor loss of turn signals and steering wheel buttons

2016interceptor

Reaction score
City, State
Redmond oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 ford explorer police
Hi, I have a 2016 ford exploder, ex police interceptor. And it has a problem, the turn signals do not work, steering wheel buttons do not work, front windshield wipers only work on high speed, rear wipers don't work. on the instrument cluster it reads; Steering assist fault, service advancetrac, and see manual. power steering does work. I've checked it with my scanner and it gives codes regarding loss of communication with Steering column control module, Power steering control module, ABS control module and Restraint control module. I've verified power and ground too all four of those, checked all fuses and relays, even replaced the sccm. no success, anyone have any insight/suggestions? when we got the car it had a bunch of wires loose coming out from under the radio console. 5 of them were live just laying around bare. I unplugged all of them from the connectors under the dash and cleaned all that up. any help is greatly appreiciated!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I believe that you just bought this PIU and that these are not new issues.
One thing that might help would be to post the actual codes that popped up to see if they match similar codes in threads already posted.

Peter

Ah yes, here’s the report from the scanner

C0E35539-59C9-460F-84EC-24E0B1A5932C.jpeg

761075E0-C63C-4E0D-BF92-390D0BCB94B4.jpeg

3A76C6B8-E2B9-472A-A1DE-177B2ED473BE.jpeg

Back