• Register Today It's free!

2016 Lock issue

hucklebuckin

Reaction score
City, State
Madison, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
We just purchased a 2016 XLT. My daughter left something in the car and went out and opened the passenger side door and set the alarm off. After looking at it you can lock from the fob, keypad, or manually. All doors lock. You can not open any other doors. The passenger side door shows locked but you can open the door anyway. Any ideas on what to look for to fix? Also, the fib has a lift gate button but it doesn't open the lift gate. It does not have the auto lift gate. Should it pop the lock from the fob?

If you have a second FOB, might try it.
Does the lift gate open on its own if you hit the button inside?

If you have a second FOB, might try it.
Does the lift gate open on its own if you hit the button inside?
If I read his post correctly, the Explorer doesn't have a power liftgate.

Peter

We just purchased a 2016 XLT. My daughter left something in the car and went out and opened the passenger side door and set the alarm off. After looking at it you can lock from the fob, keypad, or manually. All doors lock. You can not open any other doors. The passenger side door shows locked but you can open the door anyway. Any ideas on what to look for to fix? Also, the fib has a lift gate button but it doesn't open the lift gate. It does not have the auto lift gate. Should it pop the lock from the fob?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Perhaps something with the actual locking mechanism has failed. The fact that the alarm went off would seem to indicate that the system acknowledged that it had been locked. All my vehicles had the power liftgate so I'm not sure if the button on the fob just unlocks the 'gate'.

Peter

Back