Hello 2016 Explorer Lift-gate issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello 2016 Explorer Lift-gate issues

ExplorerMan956

Reaction score
City, State
Laredo, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
Have a question.
I own a 2016 Ford Explorer and the lift gate stopped working all of a sudden.
Now when I drive it it shows lift gates open and/or when I try to lock it the lights stay on inside.
Does anyone know why this happens? Already changed the fuse.

thank you in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.
wavey.gif

How long have you stayed to watch the interior lights? The reason I ask is because the Battery Saver program should turn them OFF after 10 minutes. This liftgate issue usually crops up when the Securicode panel has become dislodged and the wiring is damaged. This doesn't appear to be the case here since you didn't mention that.
I'm guessing it is a power liftgate? Are you able to open the liftgate with the fob, the dash button and/or the button on the 'gate' itself?
It could be a faulty liftgate latch.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. View attachment 342351
How long have you stayed to watch the interior lights? The reason I ask is because the Battery Saver program should turn them OFF after 10 minutes. This liftgate issue usually crops up when the Securicode panel has become dislodged and the wiring is damaged. This doesn't appear to be the case here since you didn't mention that.
I'm guessing it is a power liftgate? Are you able to open the liftgate with the fob, the dash button and/or the button on the 'gate' itself?
It could be a faulty liftgate latch.

Peter
Your correct the securicode panel was dislodged and I was able to repair it with some adhesive tape. I did not mention it thinking it couldn’t of been that.

cables did seem to have little tears but did not think much of it..

Would I have to purchase the securicode panel or the actuator. I appreciate the help.

Sammy

Back