2017 2.3 Ecoboost Rough Acceleration | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 2.3 Ecoboost Rough Acceleration

PGarrard

Reaction score
City, State
Fredericksburg, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited 2.3
Hi! I have a 2017 Explorer 2.3 Ecoboost with about 80K miles. When traveling at consistent speeds I am having an “acceleration” problem. The issue occurs when the engine is running at less than 2K RPM (usually around 1.5K to 1.7K) to maintain a consistent speed. When small amounts of throttle are needed to keep the speed (like when in cruise control) the engine will feel like it is shuttering/misfiring, the RPMs will then jump over 2K and acceleration will occur. Under normal or hard acceleration, there are no issues.

I replaced the spark plugs, and the issue got better, but did not go away. No engine lights or other indicators that there is an issue. Could this possibly be link to the 20B27 and 20N07 recalls for the torque converter? I’ll have to check my records to see if 20B27 was performed (I hope it would have given the dealership performed all maintenance for the first six years).

Welcome to the Forum :wave:
Dirty/defective throttle body?:dunno:
Have you checked to see if any codes were set?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum :wave:
Dirty/defective throttle body?:dunno:
Have you checked to see if any codes were set?

Peter
When I scanned the explorer, I didn’t get anything. My scanner isn’t the best, so I’ll try and find someone with a nicer one.

Once it stops raining, I’ll try and clean the throttle body.

Back