• Register Today It's free!

2017 PIU Aux wiring

ChillBill1

Reaction score
City, State
Glenwood, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer PIU
My mom recently purchased a 2017 explorer piu, I'm wondering what I need to do to make the aux/bt work. I see there are wires running to where the factory center console would be. Knowing that the aux and USB are in the center console is that what the wiring going there is for? Or is it for other purposes? Can I just purchase the aux plate that goes in the center console? Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If not equipped with B/T SYNC from the factory, there is much more required to add SYNC and B/T than a simple plug. You'd have to look on the Ford Utility Facebook page (if memory serves) as there is a guy selling a harness to connect AUX.

You're in luck. I just finished the video on how to install aux on non-sync PIU's. It's on a 2013 but I think it should mostly be the same although it may have slight differences. Hope it helps.

You're in luck. I just finished the video on how to install aux on non-sync PIU's. It's on a 2013 but I think it should mostly be the same although it may have slight differences. Hope it helps.

I just purchased a 2017 PIU that has an auxiliary port and usb port. I can't get the auxiliary to play from my device as well as the usb play from a device. I have SYNC and have synced my phone to it but also want the auxiliary and usb ports to work. Any ideas on what I have to do to get them to work? Will it just require an activation using FORscan or pull the unit to see it connected or not to the unit?

I just purchased a 2017 PIU that has an auxiliary port and usb port. I can't get the auxiliary to play from my device as well as the usb play from a device. I have SYNC and have synced my phone to it but also want the auxiliary and usb ports to work. Any ideas on what I have to do to get them to work? Will it just require an activation using FORscan or pull the unit to see it connected or not to the unit?
If you have sync I would think the aux wires should be there. I would check in Forscan to see if it is turned on or not. If you activate it and it still doesn't work then remove the radio and look to see if the wires are there.

Thank you. I will get Forscan and check in that first.

Just wanted to say Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back