• Register Today It's free!

2018 Explorer Limited Lane Assist

jade97

Reaction score
City, State
S.E. Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Sport & 2018 Edge
My mother has a 2018 Explorer Limited and I remember when she got it, I was able to turn off the Lane Assist from the dashboard setting screen. Recently, she mentioned that the 'lines' show on the left display and it startled her when the wheel shook. I went into the settings and the only choices are alert on, correction on, or alert + correction on.

Did Ford remotely send an update removing the option to turn it off? The vehicle has the Ford Connect modem in it.

My 2022 F250 has the option to turn it off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You/she should be able to deactivate that feature in the settings. I highly doubt that Ford sent anything to affect that feature. It is rare that a feature will change its setting but it happened to me once a few years ago. I just reset it and it never happened again. You could try a Master Reset to see if the ability to turn it OFF reappears.

Peter

Peter,

I'd have to try it. If she even bumps the switch & the screen changes, she calls me in a panic!

Peter,

I'd have to try it. If she even bumps the switch & the screen changes, she calls me in a panic!
That's one way to keep in touch. Just remember you may lose a few saved memory settings.

You need to push the button in on the turn signal stick.

Too many things to remember. :( That is correct. Not in the vehicle settings. I guess if I'd use it I'd have known that. ;)

Peter

She was able to follow my instructions and successfully turning off. Thank you!

Back