2018 Explorer Puddle lights | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2018 Explorer Puddle lights

They will fit 100%
I busted my stock ones trying to pull them out also.

They didn't fit. They seemed different than the ones I put on my 16. The tab was clear and a little bit bigger. It just wouldn't click in. They powered on fine. The description didn't say anything about an 18 Explorer. Oh well.

So they are going back to Amazon and I ordered a new set that will be here Sunday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just installed the eBay led puddle lights and they look great...thanks to @LukeExplorer29 (post #17).

Before you send back the Amazon lights, try to install them again and gently pry the clear tab (away from the light, and toward the housing) to get them to click in...that’s what I had to do with the eBay lights and they fit. The clear tab was slightly different than the OEM, but fit tight.

Of course the lights are packed up and ready to go.

I’ll try that with the new ones Sunday.

New ones got here today. Installed nice and easy.

IIRC - one was much more willing to come out than the other when I did mine ... but since I had them in my 2013 and transferred to the 2016 I got plenty of practice of going thru removing/adding/swapping.

Back