(2016 Sport) Puddle Lights Continuously On? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

(2016 Sport) Puddle Lights Continuously On?

Austin1982X

Reaction score
City, State
Roanoke, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport 4x4
Hello All,

Is there a way to keep the puddle lights off n continuously when I turn on the headlights? I just replaced with some aftermarket leds and love the look and think they would be cool on while driving.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. It seems that you are asking if there is a way to keep them OFF but then you go into how you like the look with them ON. So I'm guessing you are asking for a way to keep them continuously ON?? :dunno:

Peter

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. It seems that you are asking if there is a way to keep them OFF but then you go into how you like the look with them ON. So I'm guessing you are asking for a way to keep them continuously ON?? :dunno:

Peter
Sorry for the confusion. I want them to stay on continually, meaning when I drive with my headlights on. Right now they are only on when the door is open and cut off when I go into “drive”.

Can I make them stay on while in “drive”?

There is no setting to do that. I don't know if it can be done using FORScan to make a software change or not. I suppose you could try to wire them to the headlight circuit but I don't know if that would cause any other issue.

Peter

That's probably illegal. These things can vary from state to state but underglow lighting (on public roads) is illegal in VA so that shouldn't be any different.

hmmmm...got ya. I knew the underglow was illegal, but that's a good point. thanks all!

Back