• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

2020 FORSCAN Discussion

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
let me begin by saying i know absolutely nothing about forscan.. but would anybody happen to know how to turn off the enhanced engine noise inside the cabin of the st? it’s killing me.. the ford dealer couldn’t figure it out
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
This has been discussed in this thread. Found the posts by using 'Search' feature. So far there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it OFF even with FORScan. If it bothers you that much, then just stay out of 'Sport' mode as Mike suggested.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

turntablekinetix

Reaction score
City, State
secaucus, nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ford explorer st
didn’t even realize there were 8 pages.. and thank you for the warm welcome.. i only drive it in sport with an e50 tune.. having a custom exhaust installed as we speak.. just wish i could do away with the artificial noise.. thank you anyway

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
let me begin by saying i know absolutely nothing about forscan.. but would anybody happen to know how to turn off the enhanced engine noise inside the cabin of the st? it’s killing me.. the ford dealer couldn’t figure it out
It is mentioned in this thread. I turned mine off.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
you removed the enhanced engine noise on a 2020 explorer st?
Yes, there is zero noise coming out of the speakers. It's quite pleasant how quiet it is driving now.

turntablekinetix

Reaction score
City, State
secaucus, nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ford explorer st
i need to turn it off.. i know nothing about forscan.. is it an evil spaceship that needs to be conjured by sacrificing blown rs engines? please help.. any chance you live in new jersey? :rolleyes:

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Nope. 7 hours away lol

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk
IDS tool. A web search reveals that the interior engine sound enhancement can be turned off by a dealer tech using the IDS. That is now the project for today. I will report back.

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk
It is done! Took the dealer all of 10 min. FREE ............. No more exhaust sound enhancement ............ Sooooooo......... Yah don't need the Forscan app to do this. And, because the dealer used their equipment, it will stay shut off. "Gotta Love It !"

turntablekinetix

Reaction score
City, State
secaucus, nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ford explorer st
you know what.. about three weeks ago i went to grab my tags from the dealer and asked if they can do it for me.. they claimed they were new to the ids system and couldn’t figure it out.. do you have any additional info i can provide for them to have them turn it off?

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk
This is the identical system that is used on the Mustang and the pickups with the exhaust sound enhancement feature. The techs are trained on this. If you are getting pushback from the service writer, go over his/her head to the service manager. Ford issued a TSB long ago instructing the dealers on how to do this. Hell, it's in the shop manual. If you still get pushback, you need to seek out a different dealer that won't blow smoke up your a**.

northvibe

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
I just disabled the doublehonk on my escape before I sold it... then just recently had the great opportunity to get double honked at my the exolorer... can’t wait to disable that thing

northvibe

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
Yes, there is zero noise coming out of the speakers. It's quite pleasant how quiet it is driving now.
mmmm I need to figure out how to make my xlt more quiet. The 2.3l is a noisy sucker

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
I just disabled the doublehonk on my escape before I sold it... then just recently had the great opportunity to get double honked at my the exolorer... can’t wait to disable that thing
Did you reenable it when you sold it?

Peter

northvibe

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
Did you reenable it when you sold it?

Peter
heck no, but I sold it to my sister. And she didn’t want it Either. It really is good at waking the kiddos when you get home late....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk
Has anyone used the IDS tool to disable the double horn honk? I ask as it is not active on the PIU.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L 2020 FORSCAN PID BREAK DOWN Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 4
Rick 2020+ How to threads, Recalls, TSBs, etc. Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 0
C Skid Plate for 2020 Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 3
B SSI Tuned 2020 Explorer with 2.3L Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 4
AustinMada 2020 Explorer fog light upgrades Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 10
M Kayak Transport Options for 2020 Explorer Base With Bare Roof Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 6
E 2020 Explorer ST - Performance Tires/Wheels Sizing Guide Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 17
B 2020 XLT Exhaust? Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 7
L 2020 Platinum Tune? Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 14
M 2020 Ford Engine swap Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 19
RayoVac 2020 ST Strut Tower Brace? Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 9
C 2020 LED Upgrades - Links Added Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 82
M 2020 ST Tuning Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 83
T 2020 Explorer accessories/parts? Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 238
J Looking for 2020 Explorer ST 21" Wheel Specs Modified 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Tuning & Mods 24